Yet more deaths due to politicians and hatred

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
In summary, nine Palestinians are dead and around 120 injured as Israeli occupation troops rampage through a Gaza City neighbourhood following the deaths of six of their number during a dawn raid. The blast scattered body parts across a radius of about 300 yards.
jcsd said:
Well surely some disnction needs to be made as otherwise your saying it's perfectly acceptable to go round stealing peoples land.

Like I said, I agree.
However, you brought it up, so I was just asking what you thought would be an appropriate cut off date.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's always good to hear different sides of an issue. Judging from the responses, I learned more about the issue than just watching CNN or Fox propaganda.

Imo, I really don't see much reason for this to be close.

I am going to move to a country where this is no talk of such politics... ie, Sweden or Finland.

jcsd said:
Philistine culture died put centuries before th Birth of Christ, there clearly is no way of identifing them with any modern ethnic group.

They did not die out. That is virtually impossible. Cultures do, however, migrate, geographically and socially, into other places and other forms. The Philistines came from a previous culture, and gerw into other cultures. Unless you wish to suggest that 100% of the people there suddenly and mysteriously died out on some specific date.

Ebolamonk3y said:
I am going to move to a country where this is no talk of such politics... ie, Sweden or Finland.

You didn't just say that!
Go ask a Finn what they think about the Swedish government, and why Finns have to learn swedish for their minority, but the Swedish don't have to learn Finnish for their Finnish minority.

Trust me, with a Finnish girlfriend, you learn quickly that politics are everywhere! And Swedes are the devil! :wink:

Adam said:
They did not die out. That is virtually impossible. Cultures do, however, migrate, geographically and socially, into other places and other forms. The Philistines came from a previous culture, and gerw into other cultures. Unless you wish to suggest that 100% of the people there suddenly and mysteriously died out on some specific date.

Nevertheless Philistine culture disappears from the archelogical record in about 700 BC, what I am saying is that the peoples were subsumesed intop another culture, menaing that it's virtually impossible to identify them a modern day ethnic group. Of course due to the fact that actual population shifts are a lot rarer than cultural shifts, you could say it is probable that modern day Palestinians have at least some Philistine blood in them.

phatmonky said:
Australia, the US...well, every modern country wouldn't exist if you want to play your fallacy. The fact is that the jews came there LEGALLY. They bought up property LEGALLY. There were already jews before the balfour declaration. So which jews do you let stay, and which do you kick out?
A lot was illegal and the property stolen from Palestinians, Israel however declared by law that land to be confiscated so technically they bought a lot of it legally, but you're not fooling anyone but yourself and the israel sympathizers here willing to believe anything.

kat said:
The IDF"s recent "aggressive" tactics has resulted in LESS civilian palestian deaths and the blame is laid at the feet of their enemy that CHOOSES to hide it's weaponry and itself amongst civilians. Building bomb factories in residential areas is obviously (judging from peoples like Adams comments) a great political move but not very healthy for your citizens.
I would like to see your argumentation that it has resulted in less Palestinians deaths and they have a choice to make it outside residential areas. :rolleyes: