Null Physics: Debunking the Big Bang and Exploring a Balanced Universe

• Thread starter chien_fu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, there is a book being advertised in PopSci that claims to present a logical grand unifying theory called Null Physics, along with other concepts such as Null Cosmology and the Cosmic Fusion Cycle. The book is priced at $70 and the consensus is that it may be considered as crackpottery and not worth the purchase. Some suggest it may be intended as satire or a joke towards physicists.
chien_fu
So, I've been seeing ads for this book in PopSci, and checked out the website, but haven't heard a lot of discussions about it:

It claims to explain the following:

# Introduction to Null Physics - a logical grand unifying theory.
# Null Cosmology - Our eternal universe is in perfect balance.
# Cosmic Fusion Cycle - Maintains a perfect state of balance.
# Intergalactic Red Shift - The big bang got it wrong.Has anyone read this book? And what is the consensus? Is this good stuff? I'd like to buy it but it's $70, and I'd like to get an opinion on it first. Of course, not necessarily whether or not it's all true or not, but at least whether or not it is a sound theory that deserves it's merit.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's very easy to write hogwash and it is almost as easy to have it published- especially if you are willing to pay to have it printed and then try to sell the book you self through ads.

I have no problems with crackpottery - but paying $70 for it stupider than stupid - think of how many of Big Macs you could buy! (Actually the 2 apple pies for $1 is my favourite deal.) :smile:

Maybe it was intended to be humourous as in satire or just taking the pi$$ out of physicists.

1. What is "Our Undiscovered Universe?"

"Our Undiscovered Universe" is a term used to describe the vast expanse of space outside of our known universe. It encompasses all the unexplored regions of the cosmos that are yet to be discovered and understood.

2. How do scientists study the undiscovered universe?

Scientists study the undiscovered universe through various methods such as telescopes, space probes, and computer simulations. These tools allow them to gather data and make observations about the distant objects and phenomena in the universe.

3. What are some potential discoveries that could be made in the undiscovered universe?

There are countless potential discoveries that could be made in the undiscovered universe. Some possibilities include new planets, stars, and galaxies, as well as exotic objects like black holes and dark matter. Scientists also hope to gain a better understanding of the origins and evolution of the universe.

4. How does the undiscovered universe impact our understanding of the world?

The undiscovered universe plays a crucial role in shaping our understanding of the world. By studying the vastness of space, scientists can gain insights into the fundamental laws of physics and the origins of our own planet and life. It also helps us realize how small and interconnected we are in the grand scheme of the universe.

5. Will we ever fully understand the undiscovered universe?

It is impossible to say whether we will ever fully understand the undiscovered universe. As technology and scientific advancements continue to progress, our understanding of the cosmos will also evolve. However, the universe is constantly expanding, and there will always be new mysteries to uncover and questions to answer.