Mathematica - Change graph font size

In summary, to change the font size in a graph using Mathematica, you can use the FontSize option in the Plot function. You can also use the Style function to change the font size of specific elements in a graph. The default font size for graphs in Mathematica is 12, but this can be changed using the FontSize option or the Style function. Additionally, you can change the font size for all graphs in a notebook at once using the SetOptions function, and you can also change the font size of a graph after it has already been created by using the SetOptions function.
sugaku
Good day to all,

I need help on how to change font size for numbers in x and y axis. For axes label I could change the font size using below command, but how about the scaling itself.

Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,100},AxesLabel->{Style["t",Italic,Large]}]

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
sugaku

Physics news on Phys.org
Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}, TicksStyle -> Directive[15]]

the 15 is the font, it actually took a while to find this, ticks are not listed as an option of plot, but it is.

can also make other changes:

Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}, TicksStyle -> Directive[Red, Bold, 20, Italic]]

1. How can I change the font size in a graph using Mathematica?

To change the font size in a graph using Mathematica, you can use the FontSize option in the Plot function. For example, if you want to increase the font size to 14, you can use Plot[ x^2, {x, 0, 10}, PlotLabel -> "Graph Title", FontSize -> 14].

2. Can I change the font size for specific elements in a graph, such as the axes labels or legend?

Yes, you can change the font size for specific elements in a graph using the Style function. For example, if you want to change the font size of the axes labels, you can use Plot[ x^2, {x, 0, 10}, AxesLabel -> Style["x-axis", FontSize -> 14], PlotLabel -> "Graph Title"].

3. What is the default font size for graphs in Mathematica?

The default font size for graphs in Mathematica is 12. This can vary depending on your system's default font settings, but you can always change the font size using the FontSize option or the Style function.

4. Is there a way to change the font size for all graphs in a notebook at once?

Yes, you can change the font size for all graphs in a notebook at once by using the SetOptions function. For example, if you want to set the font size to 14 for all graphs in the current notebook, you can use SetOptions[Plot, FontSize -> 14].

5. Can I change the font size of a graph after it has already been created?

Yes, you can change the font size of a graph after it has been created by using the SetOptions function. For example, if you already have a graph called myGraph and you want to change the font size to 16, you can use SetOptions[myGraph, FontSize -> 16].