How to get this expression from the circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the voltage divider method to calculate Vout, using V1 and V2 as the midpoint of their respective branches. The resulting expression for Vout is shown in the photo, but there may be some algebra errors in the written explanation.
nhrock3
it is given that R1=R2

http://i43.tinypic.com/b8359w.jpg
i used voltage divider
i tried to calculate it by taking v1 as the midle poit of the left brench
and v2 as the middle point of the of the other branch

so Vout=V_s/2 -Vs[r/(r+1/jwc )=v_s/2(1-rjwc/2(rjwc+1))

i can't get the expression in the photo

Physics news on Phys.org
nhrock3 said:
it is given that R1=R2

http://i43.tinypic.com/b8359w.jpg
i used voltage divider
i tried to calculate it by taking v1 as the midle poit of the left brench
and v2 as the middle point of the of the other branch

so Vout=V_s/2 -Vs[r/(r+1/jwc )=v_s/2(1-rjwc/2(rjwc+1))

i can't get the expression in the photo

I get the expression in the photo, so it must just be an algebra problem in your work. Be careful with your parenthesis when writing it out like you did above... the last expression is missing some parenthesis that make a difference.

In Latex:

[tex]V_o = V_s (\frac{1}{2} - \frac{R}{R + \frac{1}{jwC}})[/tex]

[tex]V_o = V_s (\frac{1}{2} - \frac{R}{\frac{jwRC}{jwC} + \frac{1}{jwC}})[/tex]

... and so on ...

Last edited:

1. How does the circuit work?

The circuit works by using various electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors to control the flow of electricity. These components are arranged in a specific way to perform a desired function, such as amplifying a signal or switching a current on and off.

2. What is the purpose of each component in the circuit?

Each component in the circuit has a specific purpose. Resistors are used to control the amount of current flowing through the circuit, capacitors store and release electrical energy, and transistors act as switches or amplifiers. Understanding the function of each component is key to understanding how the circuit works.

3. How do I calculate the values of the components in the circuit?

The values of the components in a circuit can be calculated using various formulas and equations, depending on the type of circuit. For example, Ohm's Law can be used to calculate the resistance of a resistor, while the time constant equation can be used to calculate the capacitance of a capacitor. Consult a circuit analysis textbook or use online calculators to help with these calculations.

4. Can this circuit be simplified or improved?

Yes, circuits can often be simplified or improved by using different components or rearranging the circuit design. This can lead to better performance or cost savings. However, it is important to thoroughly understand the circuit's function and any potential consequences before making changes.

5. How can I troubleshoot and fix problems with the circuit?

If the circuit is not functioning as intended, it is important to check for any loose connections, damaged components, or incorrect wiring. Using a multimeter or circuit simulator can also help identify any issues. It may also be helpful to consult with other experts or refer to circuit diagrams for guidance.