How can I post a question on this site?

• Thread starter Rico L
  • Start date
In summary, Doc Al moved his and the (now) OP from a different thread where they were off-topic, into this thread.
Rico L
excuse me for not talking about anything of this topic but i am dying to post a question and i don't know how to because i really can't find "post" on this site. can anyone help me out here please ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Rico L said:
excuse me for not talking about anything of this topic but i am dying to post a question and i don't know how to because i really can't find "post" on this site. can anyone help me out here please ?
Go to the correct forum and click the "New Topic" button on the top left. That will start a new thread.

Posts moved into a new thread.

Last edited:
I read that as the first post of the thread, and was about to come in here and make fun of him for posting a thread asking how to post a thread. Doc Al, you could have had some fun by not point out that you moved them.

Except that we can't move just the original post. So I'm left wondering the same thing too. :bugeye:

Evo said:
Except that we can't move just the original post. So I'm left wondering the same thing too. :bugeye:

Doc Al moved his and the (now) OP from a different thread where they were off-topic, into this thread.

NeoDevin said:
Doc Al moved his and the (now) OP from a different thread where they were off-topic, into this thread.
Exactly.

NeoDevin said:
I read that as the first post of the thread, and was about to come in here and make fun of him for posting a thread asking how to post a thread. Doc Al, you could have had some fun by not point out that you moved them.
:rofl:

I thought the same way!

ok guys.. i may have asked a stupid question which makes me think i am really stupid LOl.. i thought something different at the time.. but anyway :)! thanks = =

1. How do I start a new thread?

To start a new thread, click on the "Create Thread" or "New Thread" button on the forum page. This will open a new page where you can enter the title and content of your thread. Once you have entered all the necessary information, click on the "Submit" or "Post" button to create your thread.

2. Can I start a new thread on any topic?

Most forums allow users to start new threads on a wide range of topics. However, it is important to check the forum rules and guidelines to ensure that your thread is appropriate for the forum and does not violate any rules.

3. How do I make my thread stand out?

To make your thread stand out, choose a clear and concise title that accurately reflects the content of your thread. You can also use formatting options such as bold or italics to highlight important points in your thread. Additionally, make sure your thread is well-written and engaging to attract more readers.

4. Can I edit or delete my thread?

Most forums allow users to edit or delete their own threads. Look for the options to edit or delete your thread on the forum page. Keep in mind that some forums may have restrictions on editing or deleting threads, so it is best to check the forum rules beforehand.

5. How do I get people to respond to my thread?

To encourage more responses to your thread, make sure your topic is interesting and relevant to the forum. You can also engage with other users by responding to their threads and commenting on their posts. This will increase your visibility on the forum and potentially attract more responses to your thread.