Hottest Actress/Actor over 40

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary: I don't actually believe that. Actually I never said or implied they (we) are too old for romance. What I actually said was romance among older people is just plain not as interesting, much less likely to make for a good movie plot, because older people are too cautious to do the kind of wild things that make for interesting movies.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Zoobyshoe made a comment in another thread that implied people over 40 are too old for romance, perhaps because no would be interested in seeing an old couple in a movie?

Well, I think there's many actors/actresses over 40 that are very hot!

In no particular order:

a. Mary-Louise Parker - Not only is she good looking, I think she has sex at least once in just about every episode of "Weeds".
b. Julianne Moore
c. Maria Bello
d. Halle Berry
e. Salma Hayek
f. Marissa Tomei

And the only reason I didn't mention any actresses over 50 is because there's enough of them that they deserve their own list:

a. Michelle Pfeiffer
b. Meryl Streep
c. Renee Russo
d. Susan Sarandon
e. Sigourney Weaver
f. Geena Davis
g. Sophia Loren
h. Sharon Stone

(I felt I had to make my own thread for this, since the only thing worse for a young person than posting their romantic problems on an internet forum and having their thread hijacked is posting their romantic problems on the internet and having their thread morph into a thread about old people having all of the sex that poor young guy can't ever seem to get.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't believe you put Sigourney Wierdo in there. I've always had a thing for Marge Helgenberger who was (still may be) on CSI. Not 100% sure of spelling. For the record, I prefer lusting after women in real life not someone I've only ever seen on TV or in a movie.

Averagesupernova said:
I can't believe you put Sigourney Wierdo in there.
2nd that sentiment.

Replace with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Bellucci" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:
And the only reason I didn't mention any actresses over 50 is because there's enough of them that they deserve their own list:

a. Michelle Pfeiffer
b. Meryl Streep
c. Renee Russo
d. Susan Sarandon
e. Sigourney Weaver
f. Geena Davis
g. Sophia Loren
h. Sharon Stone

For SHAME! To leave Emma Thompson from the list!
[PLAIN]http://blog.foghound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/emma-thompson-blondejpeg.jpg [Broken]
Pfah! There has never been finer clavicles than Emma's

Chi Meson said:
Eh. She has top five acting ability, not top five clavicles, so say I. For the same reason Meryl Streep is in the wrong place here.

mheslep said:
Eh. She has top five acting ability, not top five clavicles, so say I. For the same reason Meryl Streep is in the wrong place here.

So say you?! You know nothing! NOTHING! And I will not stand for it! Obviously, you never saw Branagh's "Much ado about nothing." Come to think of it, most people didn't, but IF YOU DID, you wouldn't be maligning my lady's clavicles!

Chi Meson said:
So say you?! You know nothing! NOTHING! And I will not stand for it! Obviously, you never saw Branagh's "Much ado about nothing." Come to think of it, most people didn't, but IF YOU DID, you wouldn't be maligning my lady's clavicles!
Yep, saw Much Ado ..., Sense and Sensibility a couple times, and saw John Travolta squeeze the clavicles in Primary Colors. Sorry, 7.5 from the Russian judge is the best she can manage. 9.9 acting ability.

Last edited:
mheslep said:
Yep, saw Much Ado ..., Sense and Sensibility a couple times, and saw John Travolta squeeze the clavicles in Primary Colors. Sorry, 7.5 from the Russian judge is best she can manage. 9.9 acting ability.

Meh! No accounting for taste. I never trusted the Russian judges anyway! (I grew up in the cold war.)

No Kim Bassinger?

turbo-1 said:
No Kim Bassinger?
+1, she can replace Streep on the hot list. Jeez she's 56 now?

And Geena Davis, cute enough, is a clavicle-less wonder. Begone.

mheslep said:
+1, she can replace Streep on the hot list. Jeez she's 56 now?
I first saw Bassinger in "The Mother Lode". Wow!

turbo-1 said:
I first saw Bassinger in "The Mother Lode". Wow!
That was 1982! Did they have sound and color back then?

Last edited:
mheslep said:
Did they have sound and color back then?
I think so. My memory isn't what it used to be.

BobG said:
Zoobyshoe made a comment in another thread that implied people over 40 are too old for romance, perhaps because no would be interested in seeing an old couple in a movie?
Actually I never said or implied they (we) are too old for romance. What I actually said was romance among older people is just plain not as interesting, much less likely to make for a good movie plot, because older people are too cautious to do the kind of wild things that make for interesting movies.

Georgina asked why I often seem to be describing romantic behaviors she characterized as "immature". I said that when I talk about romance and relationships I almost always am referring to the kind of stuff that goes on among younger people, because it's a lot more interesting. That was not meant to be construed to mean " people over 40 are too old for romance".

Ummmm..hello!? I would murder to meet Cate Blanchett. Yeah..."meet" her.

cate-blanchett.jpg

Saladsamurai said:
If you've got a strong stomach, rent "The Missing". It's a disturbing movie on several levels.

Last edited:
Saladsamurai said:
Blanchett's got game, though still not top five hot, so say I. She's top five glam. Figured her for late 30s.

I see the Pretty Woman is 42 now. Top 10.

[URL]http://www.themovieness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/prettywoman.jpg[/URL]

Monica Bellucci

also
Halle Berry
Vanessa Williams
Salma Hayek

Last edited:
Haven't seen Linda Fiorentino since MIB, but she was hot and cute in that.

Chi Meson said:
For SHAME! To leave Emma Thompson from the list!
[PLAIN]http://blog.foghound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/emma-thompson-blondejpeg.jpg [Broken]
Perhaps Natasha Richardson, may she RIP.

I still find Diana Rigg attractive, but then I had a crush on her about 40 years ago when she starred a Emma Peel in the Avengers during the 60's. And she's only 72!

And then there is Alexandra Bastedo who stared in The Champions, which was broadcast in the US on NBC, starting in summer 1968.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Champions

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
I still find Diana Rigg attractive, but then I had a crush on her about 40 years ago.
Me too! Thank god for BBC.

Huckleberry said:
Monica Bellucci

also
Halle Berry
Vanessa Williams
Salma Hayek
All already on the list except for V. Williams. She qualifies as an actress?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jennifer Aniston yet.

[PLAIN]http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2009/01/jennifer-aniston-baby-john-mayer.jpg [Broken]

Proton Soup said:
at one time, i would have said Sean Young, but i think she is a bit past her expiration date, now.

From Bladerunner? She's still pretty hot.

I would like to nominate..

Jennifer Tilly - 52

Lauren Graham - 43

Helena Bonham Carter - 43

You guys are killing me here. The obvious winner is Nicole Kidman.

http://www.moviesharkdeblore.com/assets/images/Moulin_Rouge_2.jpg

Diane Lane yes please.

Ivan Seeking said:
You guys are killing me here. The obvious winner is Nicole Kidman.

http://www.moviesharkdeblore.com/assets/images/Moulin_Rouge_2.jpg

I was going to say that, but she's not 40 in that picture.

Has anyone here mentioned Jennifer Lopez? If not, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

mheslep said:
All already on the list except for V. Williams. She qualifies as an actress?
Some are so good they deserve to be listed twice.

Yup, Vanessa Williams is an actress.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001853/

<h2>What are the criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?</h2><p>The criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40" can vary depending on personal preferences and opinions. However, some common factors that are often considered include physical appearance, talent, popularity, and overall appeal.</p><h2>Who is currently considered the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?</h2><p>This is a subjective question and can vary based on individual opinions. Some popular actresses and actors over 40 who are often considered for this title include Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Halle Berry, and George Clooney.</p><h2>How does age affect an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood?</h2><p>Age can definitely play a role in an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood. As actors and actresses get older, they may face ageism and struggle to find roles that are suitable for their age. However, there are also many talented and successful actors and actresses who continue to have successful careers well into their 40s and beyond.</p><h2>Can an actress/actor's attractiveness be measured objectively?</h2><p>No, attractiveness is subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. While there may be certain societal standards of beauty, what one person finds attractive may not be the same for another. Additionally, attractiveness is not solely based on physical appearance, but can also include talent, charisma, and other factors.</p><h2>Is there a double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses?</h2><p>There has been much discussion about the double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses. In general, male actors are often seen as more desirable and attractive as they age, while female actresses may face more pressure to maintain a youthful appearance. However, there are also many examples of successful and celebrated female actresses over 40 who continue to thrive in the industry.</p>

What are the criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?

The criteria for determining the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40" can vary depending on personal preferences and opinions. However, some common factors that are often considered include physical appearance, talent, popularity, and overall appeal.

Who is currently considered the "Hottest Actress/Actor over 40"?

This is a subjective question and can vary based on individual opinions. Some popular actresses and actors over 40 who are often considered for this title include Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Halle Berry, and George Clooney.

How does age affect an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood?

Age can definitely play a role in an actress/actor's career and attractiveness in Hollywood. As actors and actresses get older, they may face ageism and struggle to find roles that are suitable for their age. However, there are also many talented and successful actors and actresses who continue to have successful careers well into their 40s and beyond.

Can an actress/actor's attractiveness be measured objectively?

No, attractiveness is subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. While there may be certain societal standards of beauty, what one person finds attractive may not be the same for another. Additionally, attractiveness is not solely based on physical appearance, but can also include talent, charisma, and other factors.

Is there a double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses?

There has been much discussion about the double standard for aging in Hollywood between male and female actors/actresses. In general, male actors are often seen as more desirable and attractive as they age, while female actresses may face more pressure to maintain a youthful appearance. However, there are also many examples of successful and celebrated female actresses over 40 who continue to thrive in the industry.

Back