How can I become an astronaut and fulfill my dreams?

• Thread starter koustov
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Astronaut
In summary, the individual is expressing a desire to become an astronaut and is seeking guidance on how to fulfill this dream. They are currently studying in a CBSE school in Kolkata and are wondering where they need to go to become an astronaut. They also ask about the difficulty of NASA and express gratitude for any help. The summary concludes with a suggestion to check out the Indian Space Research Agency, which has a program planned for 2015-16 that may align with their goals.
koustov
hi! guys...i want to be an astronaut...i study in class 12 now ina cbse school in kolkata...how do i fulfill my dreams?where do i have to go for becoming an astronaut?how tough will be nasa?if anybody of u can help me i will b gratefull...:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
koustov said:
hi! guys...i want to be an astronaut...i study in class 12 now ina cbse school in kolkata...how do i fulfill my dreams?where do i have to go for becoming an astronaut?how tough will be nasa?if anybody of u can help me i will b gratefull...:confused:

Probably you have to be an American citizen. Sorry.

NASA is the American space agency, but most countries or regions have their own organization (European Space Agency, Japanese Space Agency, Canadian Space Agency, etc.) For you, I'd check out the Indian Space Research Agency (http://www.isro.org/)? According to their website,

Proposal for a management plan for Human Spaceflight Programme (HSP) was prepared and pre-project activities were approved. The program envisages development of a fully autonomous orbital vehicle carrying two or three crew members to about 300 km low Earth orbit and their safe return. It is planned to realize the programme in 2015-16 time frame.

There you go!

Good luck!

thnx...al of u...may be tis cud hpl me...

1. What qualifications do I need to become an astronaut?

To become an astronaut, you typically need a bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field, as well as at least three years of relevant work experience. You must also pass a rigorous physical examination and meet certain height and weight requirements.

2. How do I apply to become an astronaut?

You can apply to become an astronaut through NASA's website when they are accepting applications. The application process includes submitting an online application, completing a physical examination, and participating in interviews and other evaluations.

3. What are the physical requirements for becoming an astronaut?

Besides meeting certain height and weight requirements, astronauts must also have excellent vision and be in good overall physical health. They must also be able to pass a swimming test and be comfortable with heights and confined spaces.

4. What kind of training do astronauts go through?

Astronauts go through extensive training before they can go on a space mission. This includes learning about spaceflight and the International Space Station, as well as undergoing simulations and training for emergencies. They also receive training on how to operate and maintain equipment and conduct scientific experiments in space.

5. How long does it take to become an astronaut?

The timeline for becoming an astronaut can vary, but on average, it can take 2-3 years from the time you submit your application to the time you are selected for a mission. However, this can vary depending on the availability of missions and the number of applicants. Additionally, the training process can take anywhere from 1-2 years before an astronaut is ready to go on a mission.