Which is the best ELECTRONICS book for solved problems?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a book with worked examples for introductory electronics, specifically for topics such as transfer functions, bandwidth, noise, diodes, and transistors. The titles mentioned are Schaum's Outlines, which are known for having many solved problems. The last two titles mentioned, "Electronic Devices and Circuits" and "Electric Circuits", cover all of the desired topics. The conversation ends with a recommendation for "Microelectronic circuits" by Sedra/Smith for those interested in pursuing research in electronics.
JamesJames
Can anyone recommend an introductory electronics book in which there are a number of solved problems? I really need practice on circuit analysis before a TEST or EXAM so that when I see new questions FOR THE FIRST time, I don't struggle understanding what is going on.

James

Physics news on Phys.org
Check the following titles of Schaum's Outlines:

Basic Electrical Engineering
Basic Circuit Analysis
Electric Circuits
Electronic Devices and Circuits

I have them all, and they are chock full of worked examples.

These are the topics we will be covering...I need a book with WORKED examples of these..are they covered in the Schaum' s books?

transfer functions
bandwidth
noise
Diodes
the p-n junction and the diode effect
p-n diodes, photodiodes, zener diodes
circuit applications of diodes
Transistors
bipolar junction transistors
the common emitter, common collector, common base configurations
transistors as switches
transistor amplifier circuits
a look at FETs and MOSFETs

The last two titles I gave have all of that (when combined). The first two titles would be a little redundant, but that just means you have more solved problems to look at.

In all Schaum's outlines, there are many fully solved problems, and then many more supplementary problems that have answers only (no solutions). But yes, you can find many worked examples in these, and they're not too expensive (average about $15 each).

Iam very sorry to say tht you are wasting away your time in solving problems rathe than concentrating on the literature.If you have any plans to prsue research as your career,take this one... "Microelectronic circuits" by Sedra/Smith.There is no two away in this.

Schaum's Outline are always good...

1. What are the key factors to consider when choosing an electronics book for solved problems?

When selecting an electronics book for solved problems, it is important to consider the level of difficulty, the author's expertise and experience, the relevance to your specific field of study, and the quality of explanations and solutions provided.

2. Are there any specific books that are highly recommended for solving electronics problems?

There are many excellent electronics books for solving problems, but some popular choices among scientists and engineers include "Schaum's Outline of Basic Circuit Analysis" by John O'Malley, "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory" by Robert Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, and "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk.

3. Is it better to choose a book with a specific focus, such as analog or digital electronics?

It ultimately depends on your area of interest and the type of problems you will be solving. If you have a specific focus, it may be beneficial to choose a book that aligns with that focus. However, it is also important to have a well-rounded understanding of both analog and digital electronics, so a book that covers both may be a good option.

4. How can I ensure that the book I choose will have accurate and correct solutions?

One way to ensure the accuracy of solutions is to look for books that have been reviewed by other scientists or engineers in the field. You can also check for any errata or corrections that may have been published by the author or publisher. Additionally, consulting with a mentor or colleague who has experience with the book may also provide valuable insights.

5. Are there any online resources or study aids that can supplement an electronics book for solved problems?

Yes, there are many online resources available that can help supplement an electronics book for solved problems. Some popular options include online forums and communities, video tutorials, and interactive simulations. These can provide additional practice and clarification on concepts covered in the book.