Microphone Help: Constant Amplitude w/ No Input

• Thread starter rama1001
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has a circuit that uses an OPamp to amplify input from a microphone. However, even with no input, there is a constant amplitude output. The speaker suspects this is due to the OPamp gain of 500, but would like clarification. It seems that the noise could be caused by nearby fluorescent lights.
rama1001
Hello,
I have a circuit that can take the input from microphone and amplify it with OPamp. I have connected everything correct and when i check the output whit no input at microphone still i get output with constant amplitude. I think that was due to gain of OPamp but not sure. The opamp gain is 500 and when if there is any input(song or sound) at microphone it just following the song. Please clear me why i am getting these constant amplutude when there is no input. Is this really due to gain. Please see the image when there is no input.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 337
Engineering news on Phys.org
rama1001 said:
Hello,
I have a circuit that can take the input from microphone and amplify it with OPamp. I have connected everything correct and when i check the output whit no input at microphone still i get output with constant amplitude. I think that was due to gain of OPamp but not sure. The opamp gain is 500 and when if there is any input(song or sound) at microphone it just following the song. Please clear me why i am getting these constant amplutude when there is no input. Is this really due to gain. Please see the image when there is no input.

Looks like 100Hz (or 120Hz) noise from rectified AC Mains noise. Are there flourescent lights nearby?

1. How do I fix constant amplitude with no input on my microphone?

The first step is to check if the microphone is properly connected to the recording device. Make sure the cables are securely plugged in and there are no loose connections.

If the connections are fine, then the issue could be with the microphone's settings. Check the input level and gain settings on the recording device and adjust them accordingly.

You can also try using a different recording device or microphone to rule out any hardware issues.

2. Why is my microphone producing a constant amplitude with no input?

This could be due to a faulty microphone, incorrect settings, or interference from other electronic devices. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of the issue to resolve it.

3. How can I prevent constant amplitude with no input from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue, make sure to properly store and handle your microphone. Avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures or harsh environments.

Regularly check and clean the microphone's connections and make sure they are free from dirt and debris.

If the issue persists, consider investing in a higher quality microphone that is less prone to technical issues.

4. Can software updates fix constant amplitude with no input on my microphone?

In some cases, a software update for your recording device or microphone may fix the issue. Check for updates and install them if available.

However, if the issue persists after updating the software, it is likely a hardware issue that requires further troubleshooting or professional repair.

5. Is constant amplitude with no input a common issue with all microphones?

No, this issue is not common with all microphones. It can happen with any microphone, but it is more likely to occur with lower quality or poorly maintained microphones.

Investing in a high-quality microphone and properly maintaining it can help prevent this issue from occurring.