Expert Answers for Electronics Questions - Get Help Now!

• Thread starter logearav
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electronics
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with answering questions related to electronics for a competitive exam. The questions cover topics such as oscillators, amplifiers, diodes, rectification, multivibrators, and transistors. The person provides their own answers and asks for verification from others. The questions and answers are reproduced verbatim.
logearav
Electronics questions -- help needed

Homework Statement

Revered members,
I list below some of the questions asked in a competitive exam to test the proficiency of electronics. I request the members to give the answers. I have produced the answers which i have written, below each question. I require your help in ascertaining if they are correct.
An oscillator differs from an amplifier , because it
a) has more gain b) requires no input signal c) requires no DC supply d) always has the same input
Ans: requires no input signal
Which of the following devices has the highest input impedance
a) JFET b) MOSFET C) Crystal Diode d) Ordinary transistor
Ans : Ordinary Transistor
Which of the following is not a characteristic of UJT
a) Saturation Current b) Negative Resistance c) Peak point Voltage d) Bilateral Conduction
Ans : Saturation Current
A zener diode is destroyed if it
a) is forward biased b) is reverse biased c) carries more than the rated current d) carries less than the rated current
Ans : carries more than the rated current
In a full wave rectification, if the input frequency is 50 Hz, then the output has a frequency of
a) 100 Hz b) 50 Hz c) 25 Hz d) 200 Hz
Ans : 50 Hz
The multivibrator which generates square wave of its own is the -------- multivibrator
a) monostable b) astable c) bistable d) tristable
Ans : astable
The output impedance of a transistor is
a) high b) low c) infinity d) zero
Ans : zero
Revered members, I have reproduced the questions verbatim.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

You need to explain your thinking behind your responses.

It's a big call to state that the output impedance of anything is zero!

1. What are some common electronic components?

Some examples of common electronic components include resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits.

2. How does a circuit work?

A circuit is a closed loop through which electricity can flow. It typically consists of a power source (such as a battery), a load (such as a lightbulb), and connecting wires. The power source provides a voltage difference, which causes electrons to flow through the circuit and power the load.

3. What is the difference between AC and DC?

AC stands for alternating current, which means the flow of electricity periodically reverses direction. DC, or direct current, flows in only one direction. AC is commonly used for household electricity, while DC is used in batteries and electronic devices.

4. How do I read a circuit diagram?

Circuit diagrams use standardized symbols to represent different electronic components and their connections. To read a circuit diagram, start at the power source and follow the flow of the circuit through each component, paying attention to how they are connected.

5. What is the purpose of a resistor?

Resistors are used to control the flow of electricity in a circuit. They can be used to limit the amount of current in a circuit, reduce voltage, or divide a voltage into smaller parts. They are also commonly used to prevent damage to other components in a circuit by limiting the current.