What's Your Powerball High Score?

• Thread starter ToxicBug
  • Start date
In summary, Powerball is a lottery game where players pick six numbers and match them to the winning numbers to win the jackpot. To play, you must purchase a ticket and choose five numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338 and there are multiple prize tiers. Prizes can be claimed at authorized retailers for amounts under $600, but for larger prizes, you will need to visit a lottery office or mail in your ticket. In the case of multiple winners, the jackpot will be divided equally among them.
ToxicBug
I bought myself a Powerball Pro yesterday. Fun little thing, gives my arms quite a workout. Also I think it might improve dexterity or something, but I'll have to check on that later. If anyone doensn't know what I'm talking about go here.

Anyway, if you do have a powerball, the post your high score here :)

Mine, on the second day:

http://toxicbug.org/pb10922s.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you wax your hands?

No... why?

I don't like to brag.

What is Powerball?

Powerball is a lottery game in which players select six numbers, five from a set of white balls and one from a set of red balls. If a player's numbers match the winning numbers, they win the jackpot.

How do I play Powerball?

To play Powerball, you must purchase a ticket from an authorized retailer. Choose five numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26. You can also choose the Quick Pick option to have numbers randomly generated for you. Each ticket costs $2.

What are the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot?

The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338. However, there are multiple prize tiers with varying odds of winning, so even if you don't win the jackpot, you may still win a smaller prize.

How do I claim my Powerball winnings?

If you win a prize of $600 or less, you can claim your winnings at any authorized retailer. For prizes over $600, you will need to visit a lottery office or mail in your ticket to claim your winnings. Prizes over $5,000 may be subject to federal taxes.

What happens if multiple people win the Powerball jackpot?

If multiple people have winning tickets for the Powerball jackpot, the prize will be divided equally among the winners. For example, if two people have winning tickets for a $100 million jackpot, each person would receive $50 million.