KTH, Royal Institute of Technology Space/plasma physics student

In summary, the conversation is about a student who has been accepted to study space and plasma physics and space technology at KTH, Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden. They are a non-EU student and are struggling to afford the high tuition fees. The student is asking for advice on any potential scholarship, funding, or grant opportunities to help cover the expenses.
Dark_chaos
HEllo all,

I'm a student who has got selected to study KTH, Royal Institute of Technology Sweden. I will be studying, space and plasma physics and space technology. I'm a non-eu student. Because of that I have to pay 16500 euros which is totally out of my reach.

I applied to Swedish institute scholarship, but I somehow didn't get it :( :( I'm so determined to find some funds or grants or scholarships to make it to KTH and study there. IF any of you guys know, any information about organizations, funding possibilities, or grants offering companies or anything I could try please kindly share with me...

cheers

ps: I'll publish the same thread in Academic guidance also.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

Congratulations on being accepted to study at KTH, Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden! Space and plasma physics and space technology are exciting fields of study. However, I understand your concern about the high cost of tuition as a non-EU student.

Have you considered looking into other scholarship opportunities specifically for international students? Some organizations and foundations offer scholarships for students studying in specific fields, such as space and plasma physics. Additionally, you can also check with your home country's government or local organizations for potential funding opportunities.

Another option could be to reach out to the admissions office at KTH or the department of space and plasma physics for any available grants or funding programs they may offer. They may also have information on external sources of funding that you can apply for.

I wish you all the best in your search for funding and hope you are able to fulfill your dream of studying at KTH. Don't give up and keep exploring all possible options. Good luck!

1. What is the KTH Royal Institute of Technology?

The KTH Royal Institute of Technology is a university located in Stockholm, Sweden. It is the largest and oldest technical university in Sweden, and is known for its excellence in engineering and science education.

2. What is space/plasma physics?

Space/plasma physics is a branch of physics that focuses on understanding the behavior of charged particles in space and in plasma, which is a state of matter consisting of ionized gas. It involves studying the interactions between particles and electromagnetic fields in the space environment.

3. What does a space/plasma physics student at KTH study?

A space/plasma physics student at KTH will study a range of topics including plasma physics, space weather, magnetospheric physics, and solar-terrestrial interactions. They will also learn about the mathematical and computational methods used to study these phenomena, as well as how to design and conduct experiments in the field of space and plasma physics.

4. What career opportunities are available for space/plasma physics students from KTH?

Graduates from KTH's space/plasma physics program have a variety of career opportunities in both industry and academia. They can work in research and development for space agencies, national laboratories, or private companies. They can also pursue careers in education, consulting, or technology development.

5. What sets KTH's space/plasma physics program apart from other universities?

KTH's space/plasma physics program is unique in its focus on both space and plasma physics, providing students with a comprehensive understanding of these fields. The program also offers opportunities for hands-on experience through research projects and collaborations with industry partners. Additionally, KTH's location in Stockholm, a hub for space and technology industries, provides students with valuable networking and internship opportunities.