What's your favorite tea

• Thread starter Townsend
  • Start date
In summary, English breakfast tea is my favorite type of tea. I just recently became interested in tea and would like to know what everyone's favorite is.
Townsend
My favorite is English Breakfast tea. I just only recently become interested in tea and I would like to know what everyone's favorite is.

Here is how I rank all the different types of teas I have tried so far..

1. English breakfast tea

2. Lady Grey

3. Irish breakfast tea

3. Earl Grey

4. Oolong tea

5. Prince of Whales

6. Green tea

Physics news on Phys.org
I like raspberry iced tea, or peach iced tea preferably from snapple or arizona. Snapple also has a passion fruit iced tea that's great, althought nearly impossible to find in my area.

GOD__AM said:
I like raspberry iced tea, or peach iced tea preferably from snapple or arizona. Snapple also has a passion fruit iced tea that's great, althought nearly impossible to find in my area.

I was thinking more along the lines of teas that you brew yourself...but I do like snapple and arizona from time to time. :smile:

Earl Grey is what I normally drink. Peach ice tea is quite nice at times though.

Chai, and Orange Picot

"Special Gunpowder Tea" - a Chinese type I buy at an Asian store here. It's a black tea that comes in the form of little, sort of, pellets.

I'm still bummed though, because I broke my favorite tea pot ever a few months ago. Haven't been able to find another like it. It was made in Japan, I think, and had calligraphy glazed on it.

zoobyshoe said:
"Special Gunpowder Tea"

Never hear of it...

can you describe how it taste at all?

Townsend said:
Never hear of it...

can you describe how it taste at all?
A full bodied black tea. Nice, not bitter.

Good Earth brand Black Tea. Make it strong. Mmmmmm , me like.

In winter, Red Rose tea. In summer oolong or plain green tea does the trick for me. Sometimes I get the craveing for sweet southern tea in the summer, and its Red Rose for that too.

Hot Jasmine tea or Green tea. I prefer my tea with two packets of sugar, and if I ever have the chance, usually sided with biscuits and crumpets. :tongue2:

I like traditional orange pekoe, not too strong, sweetened.

Green tea is very nice.

I also like herb teas - I used to buy sarsaparilla root from an herbalist, makes a very nice tea.

My mother was French and always had a different tea for everything when I was little. My favorite was verveine for an upset stomach.

Constant Comment is nice (orange with a bit of spice)

Also, Celestial Seasonings Honey Lemon Ginseng is pleasant.

I don't drink tea often - coffee is my beverage of choice. Chamomile tea with honey is probably my favorite, especially in the winter. Sweet iced tea (orange pekoe is the 'regular' tea around here) is great on a hot summer day or with coconut rum at night. :approve:

1. English breakfast tea
I really like it, probably #1 on my list too.

2. Lady Grey
What is it? Never even heard of it.

3. Irish breakfast tea
Probably #2 for me.

3. Earl Grey
Can't stand its taste.

4. Oolong tea
Not a favorite.

5. Prince of Whales
Never tasted.

6. Green tea
I like to have it infrequently. Recently I discovered that a few pellets of Twinnings Gunpowder Green Tea added to a pot of black tea leaves make a nice combination.

Above all else, I like to brew a strong potful and then add hot water to each individual cup, to desired strength. If I have to use teabags, I look for Mighty Leaf.

I love Earl Gray on a chilly day. For breakfast or just any time, darjeeling or English breakfast tea are both good (those are my two more "regular" types). Chamomile is nice before bed or for sipping in front of the fireplace. I also have Lapsang Souchon (sp?) tea, which is more of an acquired taste. It's very strong and has a smoky flavor, so the first time you try it, you might not like it just because it's so completely different from any other tea you've ever tasted, but once you know what it is (and for me, to brew it lighter than the other teas I drink), it's a very tasty tea. But it's something I have to be in a particular mood for. It's not something I would drink every day or even with a meal, but to appreciate entirely on it's own. Maybe it would be good with biscotti or some other cookies.

on a related note i have always wondered what the big deal is with coffee. i have never even tried it before & have never really wanted to. it's the smell & the bad breath that really turns me off. tea (sometimes hot chocolate) has always been my drink of choice on a cold day. i don't really do anything complicated, just get a couple of earl grey bags & that's it.

fourier jr said:
on a related note i have always wondered what the big deal is with coffee. i have never even tried it before & have never really wanted to. it's the smell & the bad breath that really turns me off.
Maybe you've only been exposed to really bad coffee and personal hygiene. If you ever want to give coffee a try, Dunkin Donuts is the best chain coffee shop that I know of. Stop in sometime. :smile:

Anything herbal is my favorite. For a sweet tooth I like licorice tea, for something hearthy I like bitter melon tea.

For those who don't know it, the tea is made of slices dried bitter melon that you leave to infuse
http://www.mapdelegates.co.jp/MVC-011Fc.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, Monique is the licorice lover around her :tongue2: Don't care for the stuff myself, it's probably an acquired taste though.

TEA~How I love thee...hehe

My favorites are the green and white infusion from Stash Teas (a local Portland OR company o:) )

Tazo's China Green Tips

and my dad's homemade herbal iced tea~2 parts of peppermint boiled with 1 part of clover flower. This ice tea is sure to make you smile :tongue:

I heard that communists absolutely hate Earl Grey tea, because afterall

"All proper tea is theft."

Punjana tea If I can't get that I'll drink PG tips... Cant stand the lipton stuff

Anttech said:
Punjana tea If I can't get that I'll drink PG tips... Cant stand the lipton stuff

Hummm...never heard of either brand. I like Twinings myself. :smile:

Chi Meson said:
I heard that communists absolutely hate Earl Grey tea, because afterall

"All proper tea is theft."
How many times do we need to ask for a :groan: smiley?!

I'm a big fan of Bigelow brand teas. The ones I tend to like most usually include vanilla (e.g. Cherry Vanilla, Vanilla Chai, Vanilla Caramel).

honestrosewater said:
Maybe you've only been exposed to really bad coffee and personal hygiene. If you ever want to give coffee a try, Dunkin Donuts is the best chain coffee shop that I know of. Stop in sometime. :smile:

i don't think it's that, i just haven't had the urge to try coffee. we don't have dunkin donuts (nor krispy kreme) in Canada; tim horton's (alcoholic nhl hockey player) is the Canadian equivalent.

fourier jr said:
we don't have dunkin donuts (nor krispy kreme) in Canada;
Oh, you poor darlings. :frown: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/ (urge) :biggrin:

Sorry, backing off now... o:)

Why is it so hard to get a donut without all that sugar crap on it? :devil:

Sorry, I just hate all that sugar. They ruin perfectly good donuts. I HATE KRISPY KREME! I can't even scrape all that gook off. :grumpy:

Everyone, the best tea is TAZO chai...
Ranty Evo said:
Why is it so hard to get a donut without all that sugar crap on it?

Sorry, I just hate all that sugar. They ruin perfectly good donuts. I HATE KRISPY KREME! I can't even scrape all that gook off.
you are insane.
i don't think it's that, i just haven't had the urge to try coffee. we don't have dunkin donuts (nor krispy kreme) in Canada; tim horton's (alcoholic nhl hockey player) is the Canadian equivalent.
You poor thing...it's aboot time we got some of those in Canada!
evilrosewater said:
Oh, you poor darlings. https://www.dunkindonuts.com/ (urge)

Sorry, backing off now...
You can't do that to a Canadian! they have powers! :uhh:

Evo said:

Sorry, I just hate all that sugar. They ruin perfectly good donuts. I HATE KRISPY KREME! I can't even scrape all that gook off. :grumpy:
Aaymen. :approve:

zoobyshoe said:
A full bodied black tea. Nice, not bitter.
I have to amend this. Special Gunpowder is not a black tea, but a green tea. It says so on the box, despite the fact it looks very black.

Evo said:

Good old fashioned cake donuts do rule...

Here is a GREAT iced tea recipe I just discovered accidently...

Boil 2 quarts of water, mix with 5 regular black tea bags and 2 jasmine green tea bags. Add desired sugar and lime juice...absolutely refreshing!

Evo said:

I'm not a fan of Krispy Kreme either. I never even heard of it until I moved to Cincinnati. But, I do like Dunkin' Donuts with the sugar glaze. I never really liked plain donuts, but Krispy Kreme is way too sugary.

I think Tim Horton's coffee is better than Dunkin' Donuts, but neither is very good. If someone wants to try coffee, you just have to go to a proper (mom and pop type) coffee shop.

I have a friend who doesn't like even the smell of coffee either, but it seems there are more people who enjoy the smell but not the taste. Coffee was never an acquired taste for me, I liked it the first time I had it, so can't really account for that. An ex-boyfriend didn't like coffee either, so I had to drink tea when I was with him, or else he wouldn't kiss me. For that sort of incentive, I can switch to tea. :rofl:

Oh, and I found a little coffee shop near where I will be working (walking distance)...so I don't have to go to Starbucks for coffee! I stopped there while driving around the other day and gave it a try (I just happened to spot it while sitting at a traffic light, so pulled in)...yummy! They sell beans too. :approve:

Favorite teas? Well, for me personally I would say:

1.) Earl grey
2.) Chai
3.) English Breakfast
4.) Orange pekoke
5.) green tea
6.) Chamomile (although I usually reserve this for when I have a sore throat or am sick, it is quite soothing)

And that's all I can think of right now