River Riddle: The Head and Mouth That Never Leave

• Thread starter foofightergrohl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Figure
In summary, the teaser is asking for something that has a mouth and a head at opposite ends, runs for miles without leaving its "bed," and requires thinking outside the box to solve. The answer is a river, which fits all the criteria.
foofightergrohl
A friend of mine asked me this short teaser and I can't seem to figure it out:

At opposite ends are my mouth and my head
I run for miles without leaving my bed

My friend says to think outside the box on this one.

Physics news on Phys.org
IN White He must be floating that box down a river

Oops, sorry "My friend says to think outside the box on this one" is not part of the teaser. I was just saying that the book my friend got this teaser from says you need to think outside the box to get the answer.

er, I think he just gave you it. It's (in white) a river!

Is it considered "thinking outside the box" if you ask others for help?

Is it smiles?

is it a telephone?

It's a river

is it a rocket

RandallB's answer looks right to me. Explanation in, um...what color works with the new skin again (when I remember where someone posted it, I'm going to sticky the right color so folks will know)? Found the right color:The head of a river is the source, and the end where it flows back into a larger body of water is the mouth. Runs (or flows) for miles without leaving the river bed, which is the land at the bottom of the river.

Last edited:

1. What should I do if I can't figure out a problem in my experiment?

If you are having trouble figuring out a problem in your experiment, the first step is to review your experimental design and methodology. Make sure you followed the correct procedures and check for any errors. If you still can't figure it out, don't hesitate to ask for help from a colleague or mentor.

2. Why is it important to figure out problems in my experiment?

Figuring out problems in your experiment is crucial for ensuring the validity and accuracy of your results. If there are errors or issues with your experiment, it can impact the reliability and credibility of your findings. It is important to address and solve any problems as soon as possible.

3. How can I troubleshoot and figure out problems in my experiment?

One way to troubleshoot and figure out problems in your experiment is to go through the steps of your experimental procedure one by one. Make sure you are following each step correctly and check for any discrepancies or errors. You can also consult with other scientists or refer to literature for potential solutions.

4. What if I still can't figure out the problem in my experiment after troubleshooting?

If you are still unable to figure out the problem in your experiment after troubleshooting, it may be necessary to repeat the experiment or make adjustments to your methodology. You can also seek guidance from other scientists or consult with experts in the field for further assistance.

5. Can not being able to figure out a problem in my experiment be a common occurrence?

Yes, it is common to encounter problems or difficulties in experiments. Science is a process of trial and error, and it is normal to face challenges along the way. The key is to stay persistent and seek help when needed to overcome any obstacles and continue making progress in your research.