Getting jpg file (picture) from video.

In summary, if your wife accidentally took a few seconds of video instead of pictures, you can still retrieve a frame of the video and convert it into a picture using a program like avidemux. Although the resolution may not be great, it's better than having no pictures at all.
yungman
My wife accidentally have the camera in video mode, she tried to take pictures but took a few seconds of video instead. is there any way to get picture out of it at the right moment. I understand the resolution will be bad, but those are important pictures, bad pictures are better than no pictures.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
yungman said:
My wife accidentally have the camera in video mode, she tried to take pictures but took a few seconds of video instead. is there any way to get picture out of it at the right moment. I understand the resolution will be bad, but those are important pictures, bad pictures are better than no pictures.
Thanks
View the video on the computer in full screen mode, pause at the frame you want and take a screen shot.

1. How do I extract a jpg file from a video?

In order to extract a jpg file from a video, you will need to use a video editing software or a video converter program. These programs often have a feature that allows you to save a specific frame from the video as a jpg file.

2. Can I extract multiple jpg files from one video?

Yes, most video editing software or video converter programs allow you to extract multiple jpg files from one video. You can select the specific frames you want to save as jpg files.

3. Does the quality of the jpg file depend on the quality of the video?

Yes, the quality of the jpg file will be directly affected by the quality of the video. If the video is low quality, the extracted jpg file will also be low quality. It is important to use a high-quality video to ensure a high-quality jpg file.

4. Can I choose the resolution of the jpg file when extracting from a video?

Yes, some video editing software or video converter programs allow you to choose the resolution of the jpg file when extracting from a video. This can be useful if you need the jpg file for a specific purpose, such as printing or online use.

5. Is it legal to extract jpg files from a video?

It depends on the usage of the extracted jpg files. If you are using the jpg files for personal or educational purposes, it is generally considered fair use. However, if you plan to use the jpg files for commercial purposes, you may need to obtain permission from the copyright holder of the video.