Where Can I Find Old Entrance Exams for a Physics Graduate School?

• Thread starter Sparky_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, an "old thread" in the context of scientific research refers to a discussion or topic that was started more than 2 months ago. It is important to consider old threads in scientific research because they provide a comprehensive understanding of the topic and its history, and can be relevant for current research by providing valuable insights and serving as a starting point for further study. However, there is a risk of outdated information in old threads affecting current research, so it is important for scientists to critically evaluate the information and sources and cross-check them with current research. They can also determine the validity of information by considering the credibility of the source, the date of the information, and through peer-review and collaboration with other researchers.
Sparky_
Greetings,

2+ months ago, someone posted old entrance exams to a graduate school (physics)

I think it may have been USC but I'm not sure.

I didn't download it and now I can't find the thread with the link

Can you help?

Thanks
Sparky

Physics news on Phys.org
Erm.. you've got access to the exact same search tools that we all have!

I tried the search tools and struck out -

Oh well.

1. What is an "old thread" in the context of scientific research?

An old thread refers to a discussion or topic that was started on a forum or platform more than 2 months ago. In scientific research, this could refer to a study or experiment that was conducted more than 2 months ago and whose results or findings are being discussed or referenced.

2. Why is it important to consider "old threads" in scientific research?

Considering old threads in scientific research is important because it allows for a comprehensive understanding of the topic and its history. By looking at past discussions and studies, researchers can build upon previous findings and avoid repeating experiments or studies that have already been conducted.

3. How can "old threads" be relevant to current scientific research?

Old threads can be relevant to current scientific research by providing valuable insights and information on a particular topic. They can also serve as a starting point for further research or help in identifying gaps in existing knowledge.

4. Is there a risk of outdated information in "old threads" affecting current scientific research?

Yes, there is a risk of outdated information in old threads affecting current scientific research. It is important for researchers to critically evaluate the information and sources presented in old threads and ensure that they are still relevant and accurate.

5. How can scientists determine the validity of information in "old threads"?

Scientists can determine the validity of information in old threads by cross-checking it with current research and studies. They can also look at the credibility of the source and consider the date of the information. Additionally, peer-review and collaboration with other researchers can help in verifying the accuracy of information in old threads.