Ugh i suck at this and need your help

• Thread starter physicsismylife
  • Start date
In summary, if you are struggling and need assistance with a task, it may be helpful to seek support from others. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of strength and a willingness to learn and improve. Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember that everyone has areas they can improve in. Seeking help can lead to growth and success.
physicsismylife
I am doing a lab on finding g using a simple pendulum experiment.

the formula is:

T = 2pi sqrt(L/g)

how is that rearranged to find g?

I got g^2=2piL / T

is that right? thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
g = ((L)/((T)/(2pi))^2)

PIML,

You forgot to square the 2*pi

Just do the same things on each side.

e.g. if a = 1/b, then multiplying on both sides by b gives

ab = b/b = 1

ab = 1.

Similar for multiplication and to invert square root, simply square both sides.

1. Why do I suck at this?

There could be a variety of reasons why you feel you are struggling with a particular task or skill. It could be due to lack of practice, not understanding the concept fully, or even just not being interested in it. It's important to identify the root cause and work on improving in that area.

2. How can I improve?

The best way to improve is to practice regularly and seek help from others. Find resources such as online tutorials, books, or classes to learn more about the subject. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help from friends, teachers, or mentors who may have expertise in the area.

3. Is it normal to struggle with certain things?

Yes, it is completely normal to struggle with certain tasks or skills. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to remember that failure and mistakes are a natural part of the learning process. Don't be too hard on yourself and instead focus on progress and improvement.

4. How do I stay motivated when I feel like I suck?

Motivation can be difficult to maintain when facing challenges, but it's important to remember your end goal and the reasons why you are working towards it. Set small achievable goals and celebrate your progress along the way. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage and motivate you.

5. Is it too late for me to improve?

No, it is never too late to improve. Learning and growth are lifelong processes, and there is always room for improvement. Don't let age or past failures discourage you from trying to better yourself. Stay committed and focused on your goals, and you will see progress over time.