Frequency & Period: Is 1/29000 Correct?

In summary, frequency refers to the number of waves passing a point per unit of time, measured in Hertz (Hz), while period is the time it takes for one full wave cycle to occur, measured in seconds (s). 1/29000 is a valid frequency, equal to 0.00003448 Hz. Frequency and period are inversely related, with the formula frequency = 1/period or period = 1/frequency. However, they cannot be used interchangeably as they represent different aspects of a wave's characteristics.
-EquinoX-

Homework Statement

If I have a frequency of 29k Hz, then the period is 1/29000, which is 3.44 * 10^-5 second
Is this correct?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you not sure about your calculator?

I am not sure about whether it is ms or second as when I try to read it from the scope I got .33 ms

In that case it should be 0.034 ms.

you mean I might have misread the scope?

Yes.

1. What is frequency?

Frequency refers to the number of waves that pass a certain point in a given amount of time. It is measured in Hertz (Hz).

2. What is period?

Period is the time it takes for one full wave cycle to occur. It is measured in seconds (s).

3. Is 1/29000 a correct frequency?

Yes, 1/29000 is a valid frequency. It is equal to 0.00003448 Hz.

4. How is frequency related to period?

Frequency and period are inversely related. This means that as frequency increases, period decreases, and vice versa. The relationship can be expressed as: frequency = 1/period or period = 1/frequency.

5. Can frequency and period be used interchangeably?

No, frequency and period are two different measurements and cannot be used interchangeably. While they are related, they represent different aspects of a wave's characteristics.