Is the Highlighted Portion a Mistake and Where Does the PI Go?

• Thread starter Turion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mistake
In summary, questioning whether something is a mistake shows a desire to improve and learn from mistakes. It is a common behavior and should not be a source of embarrassment. As a scientist, it is important to respond with patience and understanding, providing evidence or reasoning to confirm or correct the mistake. This can prevent mistakes from being repeated and promote critical thinking and growth.
Turion
The highlighted in yellow is a mistake, right? I might be going insane.

Where does the PI go?

Attachments

• Selection_001.png
    Selection_001.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 442
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex] \cos(4(t+\pi)) = \cos(4t+4\pi) = \cos(4t) [/tex]

Remember, sin and cos are periodic functions with period 2k*pi, k = integer.

@Office_Shredder: Opps. Nice catch.

@SteamKing: Isn't the period 2pi/k where k is the coefficient of t?

I cannot determine if the highlighted portion is a mistake or not without additional context. It is important to carefully review all data and information before making any conclusions. As for the location of the PI, it is unclear what you are referring to. Can you please provide more information?

1. What does it mean when someone says "This is a mistake, right?"

When someone says "This is a mistake, right?" it means that they are questioning whether something they have done or said is incorrect or wrong. They are seeking confirmation or clarification that they have made a mistake.

2. Is it common for people to question whether something is a mistake?

Yes, it is common for people to question whether something is a mistake. Doubting oneself and seeking validation is a natural human behavior. It shows a desire to improve and learn from mistakes.

3. How should I respond when someone asks "This is a mistake, right?"

As a scientist, it is important to respond with patience and understanding. Acknowledge their doubts and provide evidence or reasoning to confirm or correct their mistake. Avoid being dismissive or condescending.

4. Can questioning whether something is a mistake be a good thing?

Yes, questioning whether something is a mistake can be a good thing. It shows critical thinking and a willingness to learn and improve. It can also prevent mistakes from being repeated in the future.

5. Should I be embarrassed if I question whether something is a mistake?

No, questioning whether something is a mistake should not be a source of embarrassment. It is important to have a growth mindset and be open to learning and improvement. Everyone makes mistakes and it is a natural part of the scientific process.