Is the Coral Castle in Florida an Alien Construction?

• Thread starter Psi 5
  • Start date
In summary: It's still a mystery though how he was able to cut and place everything so precisely. In summary, the conversation discusses the mysterious construction of the Coral Castle, a site in Florida that was built by one man, Ed Leedskalnin, using massive coral stones. Despite the lack of resources and witnesses, Leedskalnin was able to build the castle with seemingly impossible feats of strength and engineering. Some speculate that there may be paranormal or magnetic forces at work, while others believe he simply used clever methods of leverage. However, the exact method he used remains a mystery.
Psi 5
This seems like a pretty baffling thing. I find it hard to believe there's a normal explanation for a 100lb man to build this place with absolutely no witnesses ever seeing him work or move the stones, many of which weigh more than 5 tons, one weighs 30 tons.

I think this is one of the greatest anomalies around because we know how it was NOT built. It wasn't built by thousands of people or with gasoline or electricity.

http://www.parascope.com/en/articles/coralCastle.htm

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I've been there before a few years ago and I'm not quite sure how it was built either. How one person would be able to place all of those huge coral stones is rather interesting. I'm a little skeptical, but at least it is an interesting site to behold.

The cresent shaped structures protruding from the ground are a little creepy though and look rather Kafkaesque.

I could never figure out how he did it. The man was pure genius. A great place to visit.

motai said:
... I'm a little skeptical, but at least it is an interesting site ...

Try lifting and placing a 5 ton stone without power some time and you will lose your skepicism quick.

Engineering feat

Psi 5 said:
Try lifting and placing a 5 ton stone without power some time and you will lose your skepicism quick.

Judging by a pic taken from their site, it may be a marvel of engineering but certainly not anything paranormal.
http://www.coralcastle.com/photos/edatwork1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More detailed explanation and photos

Note: Magic not required...

http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/coralcastle/coralcastle.html

I saw this show where a man moves multi-ton blocks by himself, using an unbelievably simple leveraging system. I watched him move an entire barn in one piece several hundred yards in a matter of minutes.

Big Eddie Leedskalnin

Interesting artricle at the link given by flobster. But how does one explain the obelisk monolith that weighs nearly 30 tons, twice the weight of any stone in the Great pyramid? At forty feet tall it's taller than the great monoliths at Stonehenge.

Assuming he could lift 100lbs, that would be a 600:1 advantage!

If one had an open mind (ley lines, magnetism, antigravity, whatever), one could be pursuaded that there just could be something else at work here in addition to the physics of block and tackle leverage.

And what is that box doing on top of the tripods?

As an engineer, my formal training makes me skeptical. But, no one really understands what causes gravity - they understand the physical geometrical effects of it.

In any case, Eddie was cool!

It just seems to me that the guy was a persistent and obviously very talented engineer. Before calling into question the paranormal, I'd first call into question the assertions that this was all done without the aid of any type of motors or other mechanical lifting equipment. That would appear to be the logical place to start when examining how this was acheived.

flobster said:
It just seems to me that the guy was a persistent and obviously very talented engineer. Before calling into question the paranormal, I'd first call into question the assertions that this was all done without the aid of any type of motors or other mechanical lifting equipment. That would appear to be the logical place to start when examining how this was acheived.
A TV program about this guy and the castle quoted him as having said something to the effect that he had discovered the secret of how the Egyptians built the pyramids. The implication didn't seem to be that he'd discovered some paranormal force, but that he'd uncovered some really unexpected, non-obvious way of moving these blocks easily. Something much more unusual than a chain hoist. He got the idea from something he'd read about the pyramids, but whatever the author had said required some clever interpretation to realize it suggested this method. It had to be something the Egyptians could have done (meaning: no electric motors) but which no one would think to try, and probably something that would startle most engineers to find out about, but without being "paranormal."
It could well be he was just really good with the chain hoist, but I'd be disappointed if it were proven to be that mundane. I've been kinda hoping his secret would be uncovered for certain at some point and that it would turn out to be really brilliant and unusual.

DaveC426913 said:
I saw this show where a man moves multi-ton blocks by himself, using an unbelievably simple leveraging system. I watched him move an entire barn in one piece several hundred yards in a matter of minutes.

Me too. I saw that show.

(sigh ... I am obviously starting to suffer the consequences of aging, as more and more I am doing this.

Here I am, just coming across an old thread posted by a remarkably intelligent and lucid member, and I decide I want to corroborate his claim. Too late I realize who that bright-minded member was.):blushing:

Anyway, the "secret" this guy "discovered" is that the fulcrum is a highly scalable tool. He moved an entire barn in one piece several hundred yards by himself by "walking" it. All he did was use a small rock embedded in the ground as a fulcrum and a VERY long lever, and about an hour and a half of time. The small rock means it is low to the ground and causes very little friction. His lever is dozens of yards long.

Last edited:

Coral Castle is a testament to what can be done if you put your mind to it! While Ed was interested in magnetism and conducted some unique experiments, I think he used a method similar to this to move the massive blocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0"

Last edited by a moderator:

ahhh yes~ I think you are right! I have seen those videos about Wally Wallington, but had forgotten them.

EUREKA! (There is another thread on this topic) here are some links on these matters.
I have come to the decision he is not working with lay lines, or the magnetic...which sort of makes me sad. I wish someone would have some extraordinary secrets to tell sometimes, that top even mine.

;~})

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=351208

Thanks tikay!

I found more videos today on this topic, now i am back to confused bewilderment and curiosity.

Aliens built it, 'nuff said

What is the Coral Castle in Florida?

The Coral Castle is a unique structure located in Homestead, Florida that was built entirely out of coral rock by one man, Edward Leedskalnin, from 1923 to 1951.

How was the Coral Castle built?

The Coral Castle was built using a variety of hand tools and techniques by Edward Leedskalnin, who was a self-taught engineer and stonemason. He worked alone and under the cover of night, using pulleys, levers, and a homemade tripod to move and position the massive coral blocks.

Why is the Coral Castle considered a mystery?

The Coral Castle is considered a mystery because Edward Leedskalnin never revealed his methods for building it and no one has been able to replicate his techniques. Additionally, the sheer size and weight of the coral blocks used in the construction of the castle has puzzled many experts.

What is the significance of the Coral Castle?

The Coral Castle is significant because it is a testament to one man's determination and skill. It also showcases unique engineering and construction techniques that have yet to be fully understood. The castle has also become a popular tourist attraction and a source of fascination for many.

Is there any evidence of supernatural involvement in the construction of the Coral Castle?

There is no concrete evidence of supernatural involvement in the construction of the Coral Castle. However, some people speculate that Edward Leedskalnin possessed some sort of supernatural abilities or knowledge that allowed him to build the castle on his own. Others believe that he may have had access to ancient secrets or technology. However, there is no evidence to support these claims.