Any simple whiteboard iphone apps?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a simple app on their iPhone to do equation scribbles on a blank background with their finger. They do not need any fancy features or sharing options. They have not found a suitable app through Google searches and are seeking recommendations from someone who actually uses such an app. The limitation of only being able to draw on one page is common among the apps they have found. One possible recommendation is "Whiteboard HD - Internet Collaboration."
DocZaius
I am looking for an app on which to do "back of the envelope" type equation scribbles. I would be writing on a blank background with my finger. It would essentially just be a whiteboard on an iPhone. Nothing fancy - no need for sharing etc... In fact it might be better without fancy features (more likely to be free, no annoying icons filling the screen)

I would love it if someone who actually uses such an app could recommend one. The things I'm finding from searching on Google don't look quite right. There's no way to scroll down for instance. You're only given one page to draw on.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Sounds like a good candidate for writing a new app! :smile:

There are several simple whiteboard apps available for iPhone that may meet your needs. Some popular options include Simple Whiteboard, Whiteboard Lite, and SketchBook Express. These apps allow you to write and draw on a blank background using your finger or stylus, and do not have any extra features or icons that may be distracting.

One thing to keep in mind is that most free versions of these apps may have limited features or may include ads. If you are looking for a more robust whiteboard app, you may need to consider purchasing a paid version or a subscription.

It's also worth noting that scrolling may not be a feature in some whiteboard apps, as they are designed to mimic a traditional whiteboard where you would simply move to a new section of the board if needed. However, some apps do have the ability to add multiple pages or boards for larger equations or diagrams.

Overall, I would recommend trying out a few different whiteboard apps to see which one best suits your needs and preferences. Reading reviews and asking for recommendations from others who have used these apps may also be helpful. Good luck with your search!

1. What is the purpose of a simple whiteboard iPhone app?

A simple whiteboard iPhone app is designed to provide a digital platform for users to write, draw, and erase just like they would on a traditional whiteboard. It allows for quick and easy creation of visual aids, diagrams, and notes.

2. Are there any extra features or tools included in these apps?

Some simple whiteboard iPhone apps may include extra features such as different pen colors, line thickness options, and the ability to add images or text. However, the main purpose of these apps is to provide a basic whiteboard function.

3. Can I save my work and access it later?

Yes, most simple whiteboard iPhone apps have a save function that allows users to save their work and access it later. Some apps may also have the option to export the work as an image or PDF file.

4. Are there any free simple whiteboard iPhone apps available?

Yes, there are many free simple whiteboard iPhone apps available for download on the App Store. However, some of these apps may have limited features or may contain advertisements.

5. Can I use a simple whiteboard iPhone app for collaborative work?

Yes, many simple whiteboard iPhone apps have the option for multiple users to collaborate on the same whiteboard in real-time. This can be useful for virtual meetings or group projects.