Register to reply

A good Robotics project for an Engineering Physics undergrad

Share this thread:
coolgvj
Dec23-13, 06:26 AM
P: 2
I've beeen searching over and over the internet to figure out what would be a good robotics project, but with a strong relation with physics. Please dont argue that everything in the universe is physics, i agree absolutely, but my colleagues in Engineering Physics are doing projects related to nanotech, quantum mech, photonics and all those super-named areas you usually come across.
But since I want to pursue robotics, I want my project to be basically in robo, while satisfying my physics profs as well, :/

If any of you have some good ideas, please help me.. For a start, these were some of the areas i considered : Electroactive polymers for artificial muscles, sensors based on fiber optics, haptics using electromagnetic levitation.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lawsuits challenge US drone, model aircraft rules
CU-Boulder leads international unmanned aircraft testing event at Pawnee Grassland
Gesture-controlled, autonomous vehicles may be valuable helpers in logistics and trans-shipment centers
timthereaper
Dec23-13, 10:48 AM
P: 343
What do you have experience doing already in robotics and what do your physics profs require?
jdavidhale
Dec30-13, 03:32 PM
P: 2
Hello, if you can find a College First Robotics program in your area, you may be able to participate with the help of your local faculty: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc

tyjae
Jan7-14, 07:52 AM
P: 29
A good Robotics project for an Engineering Physics undergrad

Quote Quote by coolgvj View Post
I've beeen searching over and over the internet to figure out what would be a good robotics project, but with a strong relation with physics. Please dont argue that everything in the universe is physics, i agree absolutely, but my colleagues in Engineering Physics are doing projects related to nanotech, quantum mech, photonics and all those super-named areas you usually come across.
But since I want to pursue robotics, I want my project to be basically in robo, while satisfying my physics profs as well, :/

If any of you have some good ideas, please help me.. For a start, these were some of the areas i considered : Electroactive polymers for artificial muscles, sensors based on fiber optics, haptics using electromagnetic levitation.
http://aggregate.org/southeastcon2014/

Try IEEE competitions.

We finished 15th out of 53 schools.

Register to reply