Did You Ace This Trivia Quiz? 100% Scored!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary, you answered correctly 10 out of 10 questions, which is equivalent to a 100 % score. Your grade is A+.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Here's an easy one to get us started.

http://www.queendom.com/mindgames/quizdom/quiz9.html

Results of your quiz

You answered correctly 10 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 100 %.

Your grade is
A+

Physics news on Phys.org
Nine out of ten.

I've always seen "sanguine" used in reference to stress. I thought it meant more "calm", than "cheerful".

You answered correctly 7 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 70 %.

Your grade is
BPretty good for random guessing :smile:

I dislike trivia like that focuses on word-meanings. Not everyone speaks the same (English) language and what some word means is meaningless (insignificant).

verty said:
I dislike trivia like that focuses on word-meanings. Not everyone speaks the same (English) language and what some word means is meaningless (insignificant).
awww, I'll find something easier for non native english speakers.

Last edited:
Results of your quiz

You answered correctly 9 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 90 %.

Your grade is
A+

I got sanguine wrong too (I should have read the rest of the posts first, because t_e's clue would have helped!)

Thanks to Brewie for teaching me the meaning of Bubble and Squeak! :biggrin:

And, I've never heard the expression "ab ovo" before...only my knowledge of Latin provided sufficient clues to get it right (only one somewhat matches the literal translation).

7/10

On a better note, the three I got wrong were all "I don't Know." I know what I know!

You answered correctly 7 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 70 %.

Your grade is
B

9 out of 10. Didn't know the bubble and squeak thing. Still don't, and won't.

Moonbear said:
And, I've never heard the expression "ab ovo" before...
I thought you were a girl. You ovulate all the time. What is the problem?

Cabbage and potatoes... pah, rubbish! It's actually all the vegetables left over after a roast dinner! Which is not usually very much if I've had anything to do with eating.

brewnog said:
Cabbage and potatoes... pah, rubbish! It's actually all the vegetables left over after a roast dinner! Which is not usually very much if I've had anything to do with eating.
Yeah, but that was at least the closest choice...it included potatoes and a vegetable. I've come to really enjoy bubble and squeak, and every once in a while make extra vegetables with dinner just so I can make it the next day. :approve: It's definitely got a great comfort food quality to it. Perfect for gray, rainy days (I guess you need a lot of foods that fit that requirement in Britain). :biggrin:

1. What is a trivia quiz?

A trivia quiz is a game that tests your knowledge on a wide range of topics, including history, science, pop culture, and more. It typically consists of multiple choice questions and the goal is to answer as many questions correctly as possible.

2. How do you play a trivia quiz?

To play a trivia quiz, you will need to gather a group of people or play alone. The game will typically provide a set of questions with multiple choice answers. Choose the answer you think is correct and keep track of your score. The person or team with the most correct answers wins.

3. What are the benefits of playing a trivia quiz?

Playing a trivia quiz can have several benefits, such as improving memory, increasing knowledge and learning new facts, and promoting healthy competition. It can also be a fun and engaging way to spend time with friends and family.

4. How can I create my own trivia quiz?

To create your own trivia quiz, you will need to research and gather interesting facts and questions on a specific topic. You can then use a quiz making software or website to format and structure your quiz. Make sure to include a variety of difficulty levels and have someone test it before playing with a group.

5. Are there different types of trivia quizzes?

Yes, there are different types of trivia quizzes, such as general knowledge, themed, and pub quizzes. General knowledge quizzes cover a wide range of topics, while themed quizzes focus on a specific subject. Pub quizzes are typically played in a social setting, such as a bar, and often include interactive elements and bonus rounds.