PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section Info

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, befriending a PF member allows for easy access to their comments and discussions, and also allows for certain features to be restricted to friends only. Contacts can be made with anyone, while friends must agree to be friends.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I mean, other than being on my side forever more.

What does befriending a PF member do?

Whcih leads to another question: is there a Help section for PF?

Physics news on Phys.org
...... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Say DaveC426913, are you drunk? If not, don't bother my post

Looks like you're waiting for ONE specific PF member to reply :biggrin:

Am I your friend?

Who loves you Dave? We do!

hypatia said:
Who loves you Dave? We do!

:uhh: In case this isn’t a sarcasm...are you playing big mama? :P

Can't see that befriending just any old member will make much difference.

Now bribing mentors, that can get you somewhere!

Integral said:
Now bribing mentors, that can get you somewhere!

Any official price list?

I'd like to know what the difference is in a "contact" and a "friend".
I like the contacts feature because I can restrict the ability to leave visitor messages on my profile to contacts, but I am not sure what the meaning is of making a friend a contact or vice versa.

Math Is Hard said:
I like the contacts feature because I can restrict the ability to leave visitor messages on my profile to contacts, but I am not sure what the meaning is of making a friend a contact or vice versa.
In some cases, the "r" seems superfluous.

drizzle said:
Looks like you're waiting for ONE specific PF member to reply :biggrin:

Heh. No. But ladies are half-price on days ending in a 'y'.

It's just that, every once in a while a PF member friends me, and I don't know the purpose of it.

Judging from this this thread, I'm starting to get the impression I'm not alone in my ignorance.

OK, here's another way of asking the question: some members are friending other members. Why?

DaveC426913 said:

Haha. Not even for free! :wink:

OK, here's another way of asking the question: some members are friending other members. Why?

Have you not ask one member before to be your friend?!

DaveC426913 said:

It's just that, every once in a while a PF member friends me, and I don't know the purpose of it.

Judging from this this thread, I'm starting to get the impression I'm not alone in my ignorance.

Well, hrm. I asked the same question when the feature first happened. I don't entirely understand it either, but it's an easy way to find comments in threads by people who you enjoying reading or discussing things with. So I guess there's that advantage. Otherwise, it's just sort of a friendly (hah!) thing, is it not?

GeorginaS said:
Well, hrm. I asked the same question when the feature first happened. I don't entirely understand it either, but it's an easy way to find comments in threads by people who you enjoying reading or discussing things with. So I guess there's that advantage. Otherwise, it's just sort of a friendly (hah!) thing, is it not?

I agree

Ps. Hehe, nice avatar GeorginaS!

drizzle said:
I agree

Ps. Hehe, nice avatar GeorginaS!

*curtsy* :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I'd like to know what the difference is in a "contact" and a "friend".

Sounds like there's no difference since I tried to add 1 of my friends to my contacts and it said that person is already in your friend list:confused:

BTW, why can't we ignore mentors and admins?:devil:

<runs and hides>:uhh:

You can restrict certain features to PF friends such as PM's and visitor messages. In that sense it is useful.

You can make anybody a Contact, while the other person has to agree to be a Friend.

Friends are automatically Contacts, but not vice-versa.

1. What is the purpose of the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section?"

The "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section" is a section on the PF Members website where users can access information and resources about how to make and maintain friendships. It is designed to provide support and guidance for users who may be struggling with their relationships.

2. What kind of information can I find in the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section?"

The "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section" contains a variety of information and resources, such as tips on how to make new friends, how to communicate effectively with friends, and how to resolve conflicts in friendships. It also includes articles and videos from experts on building and maintaining healthy friendships.

3. Can I ask for personal advice in the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section?"

No, the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section" is not a platform for seeking personal advice. It is meant to provide general information and resources for users to use at their own discretion. If you are in need of personal advice, it is recommended to seek help from a trusted friend, family member, or professional counselor.

4. Are there any community guidelines for using the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section?"

Yes, as with any online community, there are guidelines for using the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section." These guidelines include being respectful and supportive of others, refraining from sharing personal information of others, and avoiding spam or self-promotion. Users who do not adhere to these guidelines may be subject to removal from the community.

5. Is the information in the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section" scientifically backed?

While the information in the "PF Members: What Are Friends For? Help Section" is curated and reviewed by experts, it is always recommended to do further research and consult with a professional for personalized advice. The information provided may be based on scientific studies and research, but it should not be taken as a substitute for individualized guidance.