Apple Iphone 4: use siri while your phone is locked

In summary, the conversation discusses a security flaw with the iPhone 4s and Siri, where Siri can be used to access the web and other apps without needing a passcode. This flaw has been made worse with the new OS and the solution is to modify the default preferences to lock out Siri when the phone is locked.
Uranus
Hey to all you who are the owners of the iphone 4s with siri. I was freakin around on it early this morning and found out that you can use siri while your phone is locked. Siri will actually search the web for you without asking for a passcode, which will unlock your phone without a passcode. You can exit the web browser with the center button as per usual and get axcess to all your apps and sprivates with no passcode ... Apple apple ...

Computer science news on Phys.org
This is a well-known security flaw with older iPhones, and it got worse with the new OS. Before iOS7, Siri would give partial but not complete access to a locked phone. It did give enough access to enable an ex-friend who got hold of your iPhone to send an email to your boss in your name, expletives not deleted. With iOS7, it's complete access.

The solution is simple: Modify the default preferences so that Siri is locked out when the cell phone is locked.

ahh yes default preferences

1. How do I use Siri on my locked iPhone 4?

To use Siri on your locked iPhone 4, simply press and hold the home button on your device. This will activate Siri and allow you to give voice commands even while your phone is locked.

2. Can I access all of Siri's features while my phone is locked?

No, there are certain features that Siri cannot access while your phone is locked, such as opening third-party apps or making changes to your device's settings. However, you can still use Siri for tasks like making calls, sending messages, and setting reminders.

3. Is it safe to use Siri on my locked iPhone 4?

Yes, it is safe to use Siri on your locked iPhone 4. Siri is designed to only respond to your voice commands, so unless someone else knows your passcode and voice, they will not be able to access your device through Siri.

4. Can I disable Siri on my locked iPhone 4?

Yes, you can disable Siri on your locked iPhone 4 by going to your device's settings and selecting "Siri & Search." From there, you can toggle off the "Allow Siri When Locked" option.

5. How can I make sure Siri is enabled on my locked iPhone 4?

To make sure Siri is enabled on your locked iPhone 4, go to your device's settings and select "Siri & Search." From there, you can toggle on the "Allow Siri When Locked" option. You can also check your device's lock screen to see if the Siri icon is present.