Looking for a Physics Project Idea - Can Anyone Help?

In summary, the person is asking for ideas for a new project as they have a lot of free time due to classes not being in session yet. They have already tried making potato guns and dry ice bombs and are looking for something more challenging that won't get them in trouble. Suggestions for projects include a 10-foot tall Tesla coil, a mini-fusion chamber, a spherical tokamak, or learning to code a physics engine. However, the person mentions they have a hard time teaching themselves programming and have limited access to machinery due to their school no longer offering shop class. They also inquire about the difficulty of building a miniature linear accelerator.
Viper2838
I was wondering if anyone could aid me in finding an idea for a new project. I was quite sure where to place this thread, so forgiveme if its in the wrong place.
School has just started, and as usual, I am stuck with loads of free time until my classes get up to speed. I figured I would be able to put this time to some good use.
I have done the usual potato guns, and dry ice bombs, and I am looking for something a little more challangeing. It would be nice if your ideas would be a tad bit less likely to get me arrested then my previous endevors.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
How about making a 10-foot tall Tesla coil?

If you do it correctly, it will launch 10-foot long sparks or longer.

build a mini-fusion chamber!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ubergeeks/276039.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Build a spherical tokamak. That's what I'm doing.

high school? learn to code your own physics engine...particle systems, rigid bodies, deformation materials, EB stuff...etc.
using real physics and not psuedo modelling.

neurocomp2003 said:
high school? learn to code your own physics engine...particle systems, rigid bodies, deformation materials, EB stuff...etc.
using real physics and not psuedo modelling.
I have tried the programing scene, but I have had a hard time teaching myself a ligitamate language.
Yes, I am a high school senior, so I don't have a large budget, which is part of the problem. And my school decided a few years back to end shop class, so I only have limited access to machinery.
How hard would it be to build some thing like a minature linear accelerator?

1. What is Free Time Physics Project?

The Free Time Physics Project is a research-based project that investigates the concept of time and its relationship with the laws of physics. It aims to explore the possibility of manipulating time and its implications in the physical world.

2. Who can participate in the Free Time Physics Project?

Anyone with a background in physics, mathematics, or a related field can participate in the Free Time Physics Project. This includes scientists, researchers, and students who are interested in the concept of time and its connection to physics.

3. What are the goals of the Free Time Physics Project?

The main goal of the Free Time Physics Project is to advance our understanding of time and its role in the physical world. It also aims to explore the potential applications of time manipulation in various fields such as space travel, energy production, and communication.

4. How is the Free Time Physics Project conducted?

The Free Time Physics Project is conducted through a combination of theoretical and experimental research. This involves developing mathematical models, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to gain insights into the nature of time and its relationship with physics.

5. What are some potential implications of the Free Time Physics Project?

If successful, the Free Time Physics Project could have significant implications in various fields such as technology, medicine, and space exploration. It could also lead to a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe and how we perceive and interact with time.