In need of windows ce emulator for linux

In summary, a Windows CE emulator is a software program that allows users to run Windows CE applications on non-Windows devices. It is necessary for Linux users who need to run Windows CE applications and is especially useful for developers. While there are free options available, they may not provide the same level of performance and compatibility as paid emulators. Not all devices are compatible with Windows CE emulators, and there may be limitations such as compatibility issues and slower performance.
heartless
Hi everyone,
I'd need a windows ce emulator for linux, seems like I can't find any. There's one on microsoft's site but it's only for windows.
Did anyone try to run vmware/windows/pocket pc emulator? How is the performance?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I've used VMWare and it fit my needs perfectly, although I have never used any other software, so I can'y really compare it to anything else.

Talking about vmware, how did you emulate windows ce on vmware?
--Thanks

1. What is a Windows CE emulator?

A Windows CE emulator is a software program that replicates the functions and features of the Windows CE operating system on a different platform. It allows users to run Windows CE applications on non-Windows devices, such as Linux.

2. Why would I need a Windows CE emulator for Linux?

If you have a Linux device and need to run Windows CE applications, a Windows CE emulator is necessary. This is especially useful for developers who need to test their Windows CE applications on different operating systems.

3. Are there any free Windows CE emulators for Linux?

Yes, there are some free Windows CE emulators available for Linux, such as QEMU and Wine. However, these may not offer the same level of performance and compatibility as paid emulators.

4. Can I use a Windows CE emulator for Linux on any device?

No, not all devices are compatible with Windows CE emulators. You will need to check the system requirements of the emulator to ensure that your device is capable of running it.

5. Are there any limitations to using a Windows CE emulator for Linux?

Yes, there may be some limitations when using a Windows CE emulator for Linux. These can include compatibility issues with certain applications, slower performance compared to running Windows CE natively, and lack of support for certain features or functions.