What Does the Sun Look Like and What Does Free Time Feel Like?

• Thread starter lo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Studying
In summary, the conversation consisted of various individuals discussing their fields of study, including civil engineering, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, mechatronics engineering, aeronautical engineering, transportation engineering, physical education, history, philosophy, power systems, electrical machines, analog electronics, EMFT, high energy astrophysics, experimental high energy astrophysics, engineering physics, nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, and legal studies. Some individuals were also considering pursuing further education or moving to different countries.
lo2
I would really like to know what you are studying or what you have studied?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am studying Civil Engineering, soon i will graduate, less than a year! :biggrin:

I am currently entering my second year, and hope to be accepted into the Biotechnology Program - if not I will still take the necessary courses and then try and get accepted again next year.

So I guess I will just say Biotechnology :).

I'm studying electrical engineering, next year will be my second year. It just gets tougher but more fun and challenging.

Life Contingencies

Am I really the first physics major to post in this thread?

I'll be the second then. Just started chiseling away at my PhD degree (HEP-Th)

And I'll be the third. I have a BS in physics. Also I'm a couple classes short of a chemistry degree, and a few meters short of the runway.

moose said:
Am I really the first physics major to post in this thread?

That actually made me laugh :rofl:.

lisab said:
Also I'm a couple classes short of a chemistry degree, and a few meters short of the runway.

LOL, lisab's a supermodel eh?

General Education (on summer break).

Most currently, the hole in my sock.

Mostly I study cooking. And game strategies. I like languages as well, mostly machine ones because they tend to obey better than humans... well most of the time. Isn't studying what we all spend our entire life on anyway ? Well, you see, physics geeks are normal people after all :uhh:

I am in my last year of engineering science, which means I study physics, chemistry, math, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.

Though for grad school I am undecided between chemical, mechanical, biomedical, and electrical engineering, materials science, physics, and med school.

So I get around

~christina~ said:
LOL, lisab's a supermodel eh?

:rofl: !

General relativity and quantum field theory

studying mechatronics engineering this year!(first year)

AhmedEzz said:
I'm studying electrical engineering, next year will be my second year. It just gets tougher but more fun and challenging.

*high five* me too lol

Finished my BSc in Aeronautical Engineering in 2005. Now working as a system engineer for a design company.

The nice thing is that even after your formal studies are finished you never stop learning.Without the constaints of a syllabus to follow you can concentrate on just the things that interest you.

Dadface said:
The nice thing is that even after your formal studies are finished you never stop learning.Without the constaints of a syllabus to follow you can concentrate on just the things that interest you.

You forgot about the constraint of a job, and you know... life. For most people, a steady can lead to good things. But if you're all over the place, good luck studying.

I'm in graduate school for mathematics (number theory).

True JasonRox but many people find that they have more leisure time after formal studies are finished.

Second year Electrical Engineering Student - although I've split up the four-year curriculum into five so I can take extra courses. I intend to get my masters in Environmental Engineering with a focus in water/wastewater systems.

This semester I'm taking:

Differential Equations
Thermodynamics
Java Programming
3D Animation w/C4D

Well, right now I am a first year master student of transportation engineering.

4th year undergraduate- physics major.

Only a few months until graduation now!

I'm into my first year of my MSME. Just 50+ years to go until I'm done with school!

I am pitiful compared to you guys.

My major is Physical Education. I am going to double major in History to get a better chance of getting a teaching job.

However, I have big interests in Physics and especially Philosophy. Been reading about Nietzsche, Russell, Sartre, Hume, and many others for years now.

At the moment, I am reading Origins by Neil Tyson and Donald Goldsmith.

How lame is my major?

Nick M said:
Second year Electrical Engineering Student - although I've split up the four-year curriculum into five so I can take extra courses. I intend to get my masters in Environmental Engineering with a focus in water/wastewater systems.

This semester I'm taking:

Differential Equations
Thermodynamics
Java Programming
3D Animation w/C4D

hey nick, wouldn't happen to be south african would you, studying at wits or uct maybe? just a guess, correct me if I'm wrong

Electrical Engineering, I am in second year (4th sem). I've got Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Analog Electronics and EMFT this sem... I am totally biting the bullet right now. Analog is giving me nightmares...

I study experimental high energy astrophysics. Until I come up with a thesis topic, that's about as specific as I can get.

redargon - Nope, I'm American, studying at GCC/UMass.

I am studying Engineering Physics (focusing on Nuclear Engineering).

Currently studying Physics and Mechanical Engineering with a Math minor.

Someone remind me what the sun looks like, again? Or what free time feels like?

Currently studying mathematics.

I'm working on a masters in aerospace engineering. My area of interest is in fracture mechanics and the theory of elasticity.

Last edited:
Have a B.S. in ChemE, want to do more than work, studying Italian language and Rugby sport.

I'm not sure wtf is next for me, going to try and move somewhere.. like Australia or Italy, after I've saved enough money by this summer and planned this soon to be chaotic life out. But I've realized I don't want to look back and say... what if I'd done that. I know what'll happen to me if I don't make that move, I want to settle the 'what if's' in my mind and live it out.

If I'm a kitty, I'll just save money until December of this year, then quit and apply to get an M.B.A, but after that, no idea. Money will probably run out, unless they lower the cost of MBA school..