New Team Member Joins Physics Forums!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: or they might get upset.:rolleyes: Nah, we just couldn't get the duct for the vent fan all the way up to the roof, so we decided to just pipe it into the HW Helpers forum. :biggrin::rofl: Nah, we just couldn't get the duct for the vent fan all the way up to the roof, so we decided to just pipe it into the HW Helpers forum. :biggrin::rolleyes: Nah, we just couldn't get the duct for the vent fan all the way up to the roof, so we decided to just pipe it into the HW Helpers forum. :biggrin:
New Promotion!

Congrats to Astronuc! He is the latest to join the PF Team! No one can disbute the dedication Astronuc has displayed over the past couple years. Astronuc will be helping us organize the Science Advisors and help revamp the IR Forum.

---

With the addition comes unfortunately a subtraction as well. Tom Mattson due to our inability to contact him for several months has been retired from the team. Those who are relatively new, should realize Physics Forums as we know it today, owes a huge dept of gratitude to Tom. Physics Forums was in a fair mess before he came on board in 2003. Tom set the stage for the initiative towards organized quality discussion. Hopefully Tom returns some day, nonetheless he will remain a PF legend!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's about time too that we have a new Mentor. Pervect and jtbell have been whining way too much about doing the Mentor bathroom duties for too long. Now they have someone to pass it on! :)

Welcome aboard, Astronuc.

Zz.

Congratulations, Astronuc!

Congrats, Astronuc on a well earned promotion!

That's great news. It is a well deserved promotion.

Thank you, guys!

I'm looking forward to working the SA's and other staff at PF.

I just got to watch where I click now. :uhh:

I'll try to reach Tom. He's just up the river from me.

Congrats Astrodude!

Ray, Rasro!

Congratulations Astronuc! You look great in green and it has certainly been earned.

Congrats Astronuc!, and i hope Tom comes back, too.

Thanks!

Meanwhile, I'll try to track down Tom.

cool, CONGRATULATIONS!

You definitely deserve it, man! Great work.

Well done Astronuc! A fantastic choice for PF mentor.

Wow, that's great news! Hearty congrats to Astronuc! :smile: :approve:

Congrats, Astronuc! Job well done. And a hearty congrats to the PF elite on making an excellent choice.

Congratulations Astro, well deserved indeed!

Good on ya, mate. Long overdue. Of course, now you'll be busier than ever. No rest for the wicked. (That's not to imply that I think of you as a candle... :uhh:)

Congrats Astronuc! Now, no adding hot peppers to the coffee!

Here's your key to the cleaning closet and the mentor's private bathroom. :biggrin:

moe-d, z-comp, Kurdt, Reshma, D H, Hoot, and my mate Danger,

thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Danger said:
Of course, now you'll be busier than ever.
Yeah. It's actually interesting getting used the other Mentors in red and blue doppler shift as they go back and forth. You only see the green in passing. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Congrats Astronuc!
Thanks.

Now, no adding hot peppers to the coffee!
Who me!? Nah, I wouldn't to do that.

Here's your key to the cleaning closet and the mentor's private bathroom.
My own broom and mop! You really know how to make someone feel welcome. < snif >

There's a hair clog in the mentor's hot tub, can you get to that too?

I know I've congratulated you in two different places, but can't remember if I did here, so Congratulations, you are a great addition!

P.S. - Don't forget to place the chocolates on the pillows in the mentor's lounge, I didn't have one last night. :grumpy:

Congrats Astronuc! Now other people will have a fair chance at the Community Spirit award this year. :wink:

Evo said:
There's a hair clog in the mentor's hot tub, can you get to that too?
I have experience as a plummer and mechanical maintenance worker. I'll get right on it. I wasn't near the hot-tub last night, so it can't be mine. :biggrin:

I know I've congratulated you in two different places, but can't remember if I did here, so Congratulations, you are a great addition!
Thanks!

P.S. - Don't forget to place the chocolates on the pillows in the mentor's lounge, I didn't have one last night. :grumpy:
Belgian, right?

morphism said:
Congrats Astronuc! Now other people will have a fair chance at the Community Spirit award this year. :wink:
Thanks, morphism. Now get out there and show some Spirit! :smile:

Hey Astronuc! Congratulations. A well deserved promotion!

Moonbear said:
Here's your key to the cleaning closet and the mentor's private bathroom. :biggrin:

Wait a minute.

That looks just like the key to the Homework Helpers Forum...

...so that's what that smell is:yuck:

G01 said:
Wait a minute.

That looks just like the key to the Homework Helpers Forum...

...so that's what that smell is:yuck:

:rofl: Nah, we just couldn't get the duct for the vent fan all the way up to the roof, so we decided to just pipe it into the HW Helpers forum. :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
:rofl: Nah, we just couldn't get the duct for the vent fan all the way up to the roof, so we decided to just pipe it into the HW Helpers forum. :biggrin:

That's funny. We fixed the smell in the HH forum by circulating all of our air through SA forum. We probably shouldn't tell the SA's that, since they will just pipe the bad air back into the mentors forum creating one big circle of smelliness...:biggrin:

G01 said:
That's funny. We fixed the smell in the HH forum by circulating all of our air through SA forum. We probably shouldn't tell the SA's that, since they will just pipe the bad air back into the mentors forum creating one big circle of smelliness...:biggrin:
Hey, you didn't realize it was a homework problem? Find the best use of the output.

Wow. How did I miss this? Congratulations Astronuc! I hope that between all the house work, you'll still be giving us your knowledge.

This is great news indeed!Now he won't be hogging the HH jacuzzi so much. And more room in the fridge too...
Oh, and well done you really deserve the recognition!

...maybe I can get his old locker...gotta go!

Chi Meson said:
This is great news indeed!Now he won't be hogging the HH jacuzzi so much. And more room in the fridge too...
Oh, and well done you really deserve the recognition!

...maybe I can get his old locker...gotta go!

GET AWAY!I claim Astronuc's Locker! No one else can......You know what Chi. I was mean there. The locker is all yours:smile:<shudder>:yuck: So much old hair :yuck: <shudder>

G01 said:
GET AWAY!

I claim Astronuc's Locker! No one else can...

...You know what Chi. I was mean there. The locker is all yours:smile:

<shudder>:yuck: So much old hair :yuck: <shudder>

That's okay, with Astronuc's promotion, a space has opened up for another funniest member nomination. I think volcanoes really like fries. :biggrin:

<h2>1. Who is the new team member joining Physics Forums?</h2><p>The new team member joining Physics Forums is [Name], a highly qualified and experienced physicist with a passion for scientific research and collaboration.</p><h2>2. What is the background and expertise of the new team member?</h2><p>The new team member holds a PhD in Physics from [University] and has several years of experience in conducting research in [specific field]. They have also published numerous papers in reputable scientific journals.</p><h2>3. How will the new team member contribute to Physics Forums?</h2><p>The new team member will bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the Physics Forums community. They will also actively participate in discussions and share their knowledge and expertise with other members.</p><h2>4. What are the new team member's research interests?</h2><p>The new team member's research interests include [specific research interests], and they are excited to engage in discussions and collaborations related to these topics on Physics Forums.</p><h2>5. How can members interact and collaborate with the new team member?</h2><p>Members can interact and collaborate with the new team member by participating in forum discussions, asking questions, and reaching out to them directly through private messages. They are also open to collaborating on research projects with other members.</p>

1. Who is the new team member joining Physics Forums?

The new team member joining Physics Forums is [Name], a highly qualified and experienced physicist with a passion for scientific research and collaboration.

2. What is the background and expertise of the new team member?

The new team member holds a PhD in Physics from [University] and has several years of experience in conducting research in [specific field]. They have also published numerous papers in reputable scientific journals.

3. How will the new team member contribute to Physics Forums?

The new team member will bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the Physics Forums community. They will also actively participate in discussions and share their knowledge and expertise with other members.

4. What are the new team member's research interests?

The new team member's research interests include [specific research interests], and they are excited to engage in discussions and collaborations related to these topics on Physics Forums.

5. How can members interact and collaborate with the new team member?

Members can interact and collaborate with the new team member by participating in forum discussions, asking questions, and reaching out to them directly through private messages. They are also open to collaborating on research projects with other members.