Private Rocket Plane Makes Historic Space Flight

In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of commercial space flight becoming a reality in the near future. One person expresses surprise that there hasn't been more news about it, while another is excited about the prospect of potentially being able to go into outer space. There is also a mention of a potential "ACME 300 meter tall slingshot" being near completion and the discussion shifts to whether or not this could be the beginning of commercial space flight.
Miles
I thought I would of seen something here about this by now. :tongue2:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=570&ncid=570&e=1&u=/nm/20040621/sc_nm/space_flight_dc_17

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
That is just unbelievable. I might concievably be able to go into outer space before I die.

I hadn't ever heard anyone was actually working on anything like this.

Gosh Zooby I'll be glad to send you up...and for less money I'll bet.

Would you also like to return? :biggrin:

I take it your ACME 300 meter tall slingshot is near completion, Mr. Wile E. Seeking?

zoobyshoe said:
I take it your ACME 300 meter tall slingshot is near completion, Mr. Wile E. Seeking?

Who told?

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Is this really the beginning of commercial space flight?

What is a private rocket plane?

A private rocket plane is a spacecraft that is owned and operated by a private company or individual, as opposed to a government agency.

What makes this space flight historic?

This space flight is historic because it is the first time a private rocket plane has successfully launched into space and returned safely to Earth.

What company or individual launched this private rocket plane?

The private rocket plane was launched by Virgin Galactic, a company founded by Sir Richard Branson.

How does this private rocket plane differ from government-funded spacecraft?

This private rocket plane differs from government-funded spacecraft in that it is owned and operated by a private company, and the funding for its development and launch comes from private investors rather than the government.

What are the potential implications of this historic space flight?

This historic space flight has the potential to open up space exploration to more private companies and individuals, potentially leading to advancements in technology and increased access to space for research and commercial purposes.