Field Notes About English Animal Mutilations: Linda Moulton Howe

In summary, there is a discussion on Physics Forums about animal mutilations and the lack of scientific investigation into this mystery. The original post is 11 years old and was made when the forum was young. One user comments on the lack of interest from the scientific community and wonders why there is not more research being done on this topic. Another user notes that the age of the post is not necessarily an indication of how long they have been a member on the forum.
Physics news on Phys.org
The link you provide is for Earthfiles subscribers only. Inasmuch as this is currently (11 Nov. 2014) the only thread on Physics Forums pertaining to animal mutilations which has not yet been locked down, I hope it would not be inappropriate for me to comment about these phenomena in general.

If nothing else, this mystery, and the reaction or lack thereof by the scientific community at large, IMO says a lot about human nature. None of the explanations given seem particularly credible. Yet so many choose one and decide to go no further. I realize that a "woowoo" explanation is not appropriate here, and I concede there is virtually no direct evidence for such an explanation anyway. My intended point is, this is a real mystery. Isn't scientific discovery all about solving real mysteries? Why is Linda Moulton Howe nearly the only person who even appears to pursue this topic?

Twixtfanatic said:
The link you provide is for Earthfiles subscribers only. Inasmuch as this is currently (11 Nov. 2014) the only thread on Physics Forums pertaining to animal mutilations which has not yet been locked down, I hope it would not be inappropriate for me to comment about these phenomena in general.

If nothing else, this mystery, and the reaction or lack thereof by the scientific community at large, IMO says a lot about human nature. None of the explanations given seem particularly credible. Yet so many choose one and decide to go no further. I realize that a "woowoo" explanation is not appropriate here, and I concede there is virtually no direct evidence for such an explanation anyway. My intended point is, this is a real mystery. Isn't scientific discovery all about solving real mysteries? Why is Linda Moulton Howe nearly the only person who even appears to pursue this topic?
Please note that the original post is 11 years old, and it was made when PF was very young.

Astronuc said:
... it was made when PF was very young.
Showing your age Astro ... :D

dlgoff said:
Showing your age Astro ... :D
Since most kids start learning to read at age 6, the fact that Asto has been here for at least 11 years means, logically, that he must be at least 17.

Likes dlgoff
russ_watters said:
Since most kids start learning to read at age 6, the fact that Asto has been here for at least 11 years means, logically, that he must be at least 17.
Astro made no claim to remembering the post from when it was first posted. It is only necessary for him to be able to read to know the posting date. Therefore, his knowing the posting date says nothing about when he joined. As you say, he can read, so that says something, but he might have learned this precociously. He might actually be as young as 3.

Likes dlgoff
The next step beyond necroposting is paleoposting?

Likes dlgoff

1. What is the significance of English animal mutilations?

The English animal mutilations studied by Linda Moulton Howe are significant because they involve unexplained and often gruesome deaths of livestock, with no clear cause or motive. These mutilations often involve precise surgical cuts and removal of organs, leading some to believe that they are the result of extraterrestrial or government experiments.

2. What evidence supports the theory of extraterrestrial involvement in these animal mutilations?

Some evidence that supports the theory of extraterrestrial involvement in English animal mutilations includes strange markings found near the mutilated animals, unexplained lights or objects seen in the area, and reports of strange creatures or craft in the vicinity. However, there is no concrete evidence to definitively prove this theory.

3. Are there any other possible explanations for these animal mutilations?

Yes, there are several other possible explanations for the English animal mutilations. These include natural predators, such as foxes or birds, cult or ritualistic activity, and even human perpetrators with a twisted sense of humor. However, none of these explanations fully account for the precise and often symmetrical nature of the mutilations.

4. What is the role of Linda Moulton Howe in the study of English animal mutilations?

Linda Moulton Howe is a journalist and investigative reporter who has extensively studied and reported on the phenomenon of English animal mutilations. She has interviewed numerous witnesses and experts, collected evidence, and presented her findings to the public through her books, articles, and documentaries. Her work has helped bring attention to this mysterious and controversial topic.

5. Is there any way to prevent or protect against these animal mutilations?

Unfortunately, there is no known way to prevent or protect against English animal mutilations. These incidents seem to occur randomly and without warning. Some people have suggested setting up surveillance cameras or increasing patrols in areas where mutilations have been reported, but there is no guarantee that this would deter the perpetrators, whoever they may be.

Back