Is a Chrome Web Store App the Missing Piece for PF's Online Presence?

• Thread starter cupid.callin
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the idea of creating a Chrome app for the Physics Forums website. One person suggests that it would be a convenient and publicity-boosting tool, while another doubts its usefulness. They also discuss the possibility of using the PF favicon as the app's logo, but there is disagreement on whether it is a font or a pixel drawing. Ultimately, it is unclear if the app will be created or not.
cupid.callin
Hi,

I was on chrome web store when i thought that why PF has no app?!

So there's one attached ... If you like, you can upload it to web store ... i can't because i don't own PF ! :p

Upload it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard

PS: Its more like a book mark :p

Edit: i made a new 128.png

Attachments

• PF.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 128.png
    128.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
What would you propose such a Chrome app to do?

Its just a bookmark like extension ... just a fancy way to locate to PF instead of old boring bookmark. And it might also get some publicity ...

If this is done, I think the bookmark should have an enlarged version of the PF favicon here as the logo.

lugita15 said:
If this is done, I think the bookmark should have an enlarged version of the PF favicon here as the logo.

I don't think it will be done. Greg don't look interested
And i didn't use PF Favicon because i) its boring ii) Its low resolution, finding matching font would take time. The file in zip quite matches it

cupid.callin said:
Its low resolution, finding matching font would take time.

It has to be lores, as favicons have to be small. And I doubt it is a font, my bet is both letters were just drawn pixel by pixel.

I don't see the point of a Chrome app.

jhae2.718 said:
I don't see the point of a Chrome app.
It would just be for convenience and publicity, just like the Netflix webapp. Users would be able to access the forum just by clicking a big PF logo on their browser.

1. What is a Chrome Web Store App of PF?

A Chrome Web Store App of PF is a software application that can be downloaded and installed from the Chrome Web Store. It is specifically designed to work on the Google Chrome web browser and is used to access and utilize the features and functions of the PF platform.

2. How do I download the Chrome Web Store App of PF?

To download the Chrome Web Store App of PF, open the Chrome web browser and go to the Chrome Web Store. Search for "PF" in the search bar and select the app from the results. Click on the "Add to Chrome" button and follow the prompts to install the app.

3. What features does the Chrome Web Store App of PF offer?

The Chrome Web Store App of PF offers a variety of features, including the ability to access and manage your PF account, create and edit projects, collaborate with team members, and track progress on tasks and goals.

4. Is the Chrome Web Store App of PF free to use?

Yes, the Chrome Web Store App of PF is free to download and use. However, some features may require a paid subscription to the PF platform.

5. Can I use the Chrome Web Store App of PF on any device?

The Chrome Web Store App of PF is specifically designed for use on the Google Chrome web browser. It can be accessed on any device that has the Chrome browser installed, such as desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices.