What Is the Correct Formula for Magnesium Phosphate?

• Thread starter simhank
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the correct formula for Mg3(PO4)2 was given by the teacher. The correct names for the two acids mentioned are Hydrochloric and Hydroiodic, with their chemical formulas being HCl and HI respectively. It is important to write molecules in their ion form and use the criss-cross rule when dealing with polyatomic ions. The two forms of phosphate ions are PO4^3- and PO4^2-. The names Chlorhydric acid and Iodhydric acid are just common industry names for HCl and HI.
simhank
Everyone keeps telling me I am writing this formula down wrong but it is one my teacher gave to figure out...am I wrong and what formula name is it?

Mg3(PO5)2

Also not sure what chemical formula for these two are any help would be great

1. Chlorhydric acid
2. Iodhydric acid

Chemistry news on Phys.org
It is suppose to be Mg3(PO4)2. Notice the 4 instead of 5. There is no such thing as the acids you mentioned. I think you mean Hydrochloric and Hydroiodic acids, they are HCl and HI

simhank said:
Everyone keeps telling me I am writing this formula down wrong but it is one my teacher gave to figure out...am I wrong and what formula name is it?

Mg3(PO5)2

Also not sure what chemical formula for these two are any help would be great

1. Chlorhydric acid
2. Iodhydric acid

You shud write the 2 molecules in their ion form, it will help you to write the formula out right: Mg+2 + PO4^3- = Mg3(PO4)2, use the criss-cross rule especially when working with polyatomic ions. Also, the there are only 2 forms PO4^3- and PO4^2-.

Those acids are just common industry names for HCl and HI.

Hope this helps :)

ok Thanks for your help

I can confirm that the formula you have written (Mg3(PO5)2) is incorrect. The correct formula for this compound is Mg3(PO4)2, which represents magnesium phosphate. It is important to carefully write down and understand chemical formulas, as they represent the specific elements and their ratios in a compound.

As for the chemical formulas for chlorhydric acid and iodhydric acid, the correct names for these compounds are hydrochloric acid (HCl) and hydriodic acid (HI), respectively. These formulas represent the compounds formed when hydrogen combines with chlorine and iodine, respectively. It is important to note that the "h" in hydrochloric and hydriodic is not capitalized, as it is not the first letter of the element's name.

In conclusion, it is important to always double check and verify chemical formulas, as they play a crucial role in understanding and communicating about compounds in the field of science. If you are unsure about a formula or its name, it is always best to consult reliable sources or ask a knowledgeable individual for assistance.

1. Is there a scientific formula for love?

No, there is no universally accepted scientific formula for love. While there have been attempts to quantify love through factors such as attraction, attachment, and commitment, it is a complex emotion that cannot be reduced to a simple formula.

2. Is there a formula for success?

There is no one-size-fits-all formula for success as it can be defined and achieved in various ways. However, there are certain traits and habits that successful individuals tend to have in common, such as determination, hard work, and resilience.

3. Can a formula predict the future?

No, no formula can accurately predict the future. While some mathematical equations and models can make educated guesses or forecasts based on data, there are too many variables and factors that can influence future events to make a definite prediction.

4. Is there a formula for happiness?

Happiness is a subjective and multifaceted concept, so there is no one formula that can guarantee happiness for everyone. However, research has shown that factors such as positive relationships, a sense of purpose, and gratitude can contribute to overall happiness.

5. Is there a formula for weight loss?

There is no one formula for weight loss as it depends on individual factors such as body composition, metabolism, and lifestyle habits. However, a combination of a healthy diet, regular exercise, and consistent behavior change can lead to sustainable weight loss.