How many people on facebook have your name?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary, 300 people showed up to the meeting to decide whether or not to fire Viki Knox. No decision was made, and she is on administrative leave.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
How many people on facebook have your name!?

OK PENG HAS A GAME!

For those of you who have facebook, how many people also have your name on there? I am proud to say that my name is unique on facebook :D And it's nothing all that weird either.

So, here's how to play

Step 1: Go to facebook and search for your name
Step 2: Count
Step 3: Profit.

GO!

Physics news on Phys.org

I use facebook with a pseudonym.
0 people have the same name than me in facebook; only my brother and my sister have the same last name.
Google returns 2 entries with my name in; from university and a high school I attended. I'm 100% sure I share my last name with only 2 people in the world: my brother and sister. It's a mix of my parent's last names.
So I'm on the "unique" side too, but not "proud" side. :)

OMG! There's one in my city! wow...she likes REO Speedwagon and Journey :yuck:. She has pig tails (not kidding). She likes "The Young And The Restless". And karaoke. And shopping malls (yes, that's actually listed).

Holy crap, she's my normal twin!

Edit: oh and - you can't make this up - in her pic, she's posing next to a chainsaw-carved bear.

4 including myself.

But what is weirder, is that I played this game 35 years ago, in the phone book. (this is how we entertained ourselves B4 the internets)

Someone by my name(including middle initial), lived 5 houses away.

I see on Facebook that he's moved equidistant from where I moved away from.

Sure sign that he's an anti-Om, and we were wise not to meet.

Do you win for being unique, or for having the most people with your name?

OmCheeto said:
4 including myself.

But what is weirder, is that I played this game 35 years ago, in the phone book. (this is how we entertained ourselves B4 the internets)

Someone by my name(including middle initial), lived 5 houses away.

I see on Facebook that he's moved equidistant from where I moved away from.

Sure sign that he's an anti-Om, and we were wise not to meet.

What's a phone book?

And I'm not sure how you win this game.

About 395.

I'm the one and only, even the first few pages of Goggle are just me

Including me, there are 10 Jimmy Snyders. However, one of these is a placeholder for Jimmy the Greek and shouldn't count. There were too many James Snyders to count, but at least 446.

3 of me. I used to think I was unique in the modern world (google returned some of me in the 1800's), before facebook came along! :(:(

I am the only one. Even my last name is unique to my family, we're the only ones who have it in Canada... All the rest are relatives back in Sweden.

lisab said:
OMG! There's one in my city! wow...she likes REO Speedwagon and Journey :yuck:. She has pig tails (not kidding). She likes "The Young And The Restless". And karaoke. And shopping malls (yes, that's actually listed).

Holy crap, she's my normal twin!

Edit: oh and - you can't make this up - in her pic, she's posing next to a chainsaw-carved bear.

:rofl:

Just one besides myself.

I have a friend, who is a guy, whose name is "Jamie". It's hilarious looking up his name and seeing him at the top of the list then dozens of girls in the rest of the search result.

There's only one other "me" with a Facebook account, and it's my cousin.

Way too many to count :eek:

Only one other person using "Bob". Their profile is private, so I know nothing about them.

Plus another 8 using "Robert" (including one from Germany and one from Poland).

Amazon said:
I'm the one and only, even the first few pages of Goggle are just me
Same here.

whats a facebook?

0.0 and I like it that way... FacePlant... phooey... with rare exception... it (almost) always does more harm than good.

Rhody... :yuck:

I lost interest after three clicks.

rhody said:
0.0 and I like it that way... FacePlant... phooey... with rare exception... it (almost) always does more harm than good.

Rhody... :yuck:
I am amazed at what educated people who hold jobs of public trust post.

To add to what I said before: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...ti-gay-facebook-comments.html?track=lat-pick"
About 300 people turned out Tuesday night for the board's meeting, which was preceded by loud demonstrations of people supporting and denouncing Knox. Chants of "No hate in our state" competed against shouts of "Don't bully Viki," according to the Star-Ledger newspaper. No decision was made on Knox, who is on administrative leave.

Knox is the second teacher in recent days to get into trouble over comments posted on Facebook.

Earlier this week, Jeremy Hollinger, a special-education teacher in Mobile, Ala., was alleged to have poked fun at his pupils on his Facebook page. Both cases have enraged people who say the men and women entrusted with teaching the nation's children should have more sense than to put personal jokes and beliefs on Facebook for the world to see.

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought I was unique until I did your query and found a dude out of Belgium living in Australia. So, now there are two.

1. How many people on Facebook have the same name as me?

It is difficult to determine an exact number as Facebook does not release this information. However, there are likely many people with the same name as you on Facebook.

2. Can I find out how many people have my exact name on Facebook?

No, Facebook does not provide a feature to search for people with the exact same name as you.

3. How do I find out how many people share my name on Facebook?

You can search for your name in the Facebook search bar and browse through the results to get an idea of how many people share your name. Keep in mind that many people have similar names and spelling variations.

4. Is it common to have the same name as someone on Facebook?

Yes, it is common to share the same name as someone on Facebook, especially if you have a common name. However, it is still a unique identifier as no two people can have the exact same name.

5. Can I use Facebook to find people with the same name as me?

Yes, you can use Facebook to search for people with the same name as you, but keep in mind that Facebook does not provide an exact number and there may be many variations of your name on the platform.