Project PF Proliferation - Free Gold Membership

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I guess it's called "keyword searching"?...where you just type in a word or phrase and get back results with that exact match.
GregJ said:
Would a library bulletin board count? I don't live close to anything else really :|

Post it in two different Libraries and I'll count it :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Post it in two different Libraries and I'll count it :)

Will do ( ^_^)

Here I am at Chemeketa Community College at the bulletin board where Physics Forum is proudly posted. Looking forward to becoming a Gold Member:biggrin:

Attachments

• GoldPic.jpg
    GoldPic.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 400
quasinerd said:
Here I am at Chemeketa Community College at the bulletin board where Physics Forum is proudly posted. Looking forward to becoming a Gold Member:biggrin:

With the power of my Midas touch! Thanks!

Considering I've done this once for WSU, is it all right for me to do another one, for another school, and get another year?

attachment.php?attachmentid=39243&d=1316915616.jpg

Here it is @ Purdue!

Attachments

• freephysics.jpg
    freephysics.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 778
johns120 said:
attachment.php?attachmentid=39243&d=1316915616.jpg

Here it is @ Purdue!
Hmmmm, I don't know, something about this member's face looks oddly familiar.

Omg, I am heading to the physics and engineering departments and putting some.

h12Jys.jpg

University of Parma, Physics department :D

Click for larger size ;)

Adelphi University, Garden City, NY

Images attached :)

Attachments

• IMG_20110927_165438.jpg
    IMG_20110927_165438.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_20110927_165323.jpg
    IMG_20110927_165323.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 431
campus: suny stony brook.

Attachments

• Photo_D821D404-F2DF-3BD0-C009-3A6C0B461619.jpg
    Photo_D821D404-F2DF-3BD0-C009-3A6C0B461619.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 450
I'm getting there slowly.

Been delayed all the time by this or that, but I am in no rush. Might even post a little more and help where I can in the mean time :)

GregJ said:
I'm getting there slowly.

Been delayed all the time by this or that, but I am in no rush. Might even post a little more and help where I can in the mean time :)

Don't wait toooooo long :)

Students don't forget about this opportunity! Free gold membership for a year!

University of Idaho. Go Vandals!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 431

Greg Bernhardt said:

What about for students in high school? Would I get free gold membership if I posted the flyer on the school bulletin or in my AP Physics class? :)

Biosyn said:
What about for students in high school? Would I get free gold membership if I posted the flyer on the school bulletin or in my AP Physics class? :)

Yes! :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes! :)
There! :cool:South Torrance High

Attachments

• DSCN1313.jpg
    DSCN1313.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 471
Is this still happening? I could easily do this because I live on a college campus.

McAfee said:
Is this still happening? I could easily do this because I live on a college campus.

This is an open and on going offer! Looking forward to seeing your flyer posting! :)

Here is my photo with my face chopped at out one of the billboards at my university. (University of Manitoba)

attachment.php?attachmentid=44726&stc=1&d=1330900965.jpg

I would love a gold membership!

Attachments

• PFPoster.jpg
    PFPoster.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 803
That must be a record Greg. Four minutes from flyer to gold. You ARE the man.

The physics department at my college has briefly heard about this website, and most people I ask are unaware of it. You guys run an awesome site, and I'm hoping more people join as a result of this!

The department chair said I could post it, but couldn't take a picture because he had a class. I posted a piece of paper with my username instead. Hope that's alright!

Attachments

• 05032012238.jpg
    05032012238.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 481
stripes said:
The physics department at my college has briefly heard about this website, and most people I ask are unaware of it. You guys run an awesome site, and I'm hoping more people join as a result of this!

The department chair said I could post it, but couldn't take a picture because he had a class. I posted a piece of paper with my username instead. Hope that's alright!

Nice work stripes! keep spreading the word! gold!

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4906/1000084u.th.jpg [Broken]

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7536/1000089am.th.jpg [Broken]

Wikipedia said:
The Willis Holcombe Center is located in the heart of Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Built in partnership with Florida Atlantic University, the Holcombe Center forms the Higher Education Complex on East Las Olas Boulevard. The Holcombe Center houses Broward College’s district administrative offices as well as over 210,000 square feet (20,000 m2) of high-tech classroom space consisting of wired classrooms, science and technology labs and a full array of student services.

Click on the pictures to see bigger versions.

According to the person I spoke with, on an average day during regular sessions about 8000 students pass through the halls past the various bulletin posting areas.

I'm not formally a student there. So, I might not qualify for the Gold thing. Anyway, I left them with two other fliers that they said they would put up somewhere else in the complex. I'm assuming they'll put them as close to the lab areas as possible, which I requested them to do.

There's a lot more students at BC's main campus of course, and it's next to the main campus of Nova Southeastern University. If I have the chance to get out there I'll post a few more fliers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:
We are proud to present project PF Proliferation! It's a very simple way to spread the word about PF and get free gold membership for a year. What you do is print out the below PDF flyer. Post it on a university/college bulletin board or sign post (legally) and take a photo of yourself next to it. Post the photo here (add what campus) and boom, instant gold membership and you help spread the word. Now what are you waiting for!? Go Go Go! :smile:

Hello Greg :)

Sure ! on the first day of this week !

Last edited:
I'm poor, so I decided to take advantage of this offer so that I might once again have an avatar supporting Robot Evo for the 2035 elections.

This one is smack in the middle to the only entrance to the fourth floor of our Library, which is entirely math, physics, and quantum chem, plus it doubles as the most popular study spot. Sadly, there's no bulletin board in the building.
24o11t5.jpg

I also posted up a PF flyer at every outdoor study area.
28wch9h.jpg

I stuck up two in the creol building, but people were looking at me funny so you will have to settle for a picture of the exterior.
33z8qi8.jpg

I'll put some up at the community college I work at on Monday.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm out of the town at the moment. I can gold you two next week when I get back!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks QuarkCharmer and ThomasT, you have been golded!
Thanks Greg. I wasn't expecting that. Now I feel compelled to actually contribute some money. :smile:

<h2>1. What is Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms. </p><h2>2. How does the free gold membership work?</h2><p>The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.</p><h2>3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.</p><h2>4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.</p><h2>5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?</h2><p>Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.</p>

1. What is Project PF Proliferation?

Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms.

2. How does the free gold membership work?

The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.

3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?

Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.

4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?

The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.

5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?

Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.