Who can use MatLab/Mathematica/Maple to solve this?

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter hanson
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about modifying a differential equation and seeking help to solve it using software, specifically Maple. The equation is provided and the person mentions using the software for a programming project and not having much knowledge about it. They express gratitude for the help received.
hanson
Hi all!
I have modified a bit the differential equation I posted before.
Now , it should be solvable...
Can anyone help solve the differential equation using the softwares?

Attachments

• equation 3.JPG
    equation 3.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 513
Physics news on Phys.org
Maple gives:

[tex]H(t) = e^{-\frac{t}{Rk}}\left( d-R\frac{a+aR^2w^2k^2-bwRk}{1+w^2R^2k^2}\right)+R\frac{a+aR^2w^2k^2-bwRk\cos(wt)+b\sin(wt)}{1+w^2R^2k^2}[/tex]

Are you not required to know how to solve such ODEs for this class?

Actually I am working on a programming project to simulate some physical systems. And I happen need to know the solution of this ODE in order to compute the values to simulate the system. I would like to put the focus on the programming side rather than solving the ODE, that's why I would resort to those math softwares. What a shame that I've not got any knwoledege about using them. Luckily that you nice gentleman help me much! Thank you!

You're quite welcome.

1. Who can use MatLab/Mathematica/Maple to solve this?

Anyone who has a basic understanding of programming and mathematical concepts can use these software programs to solve problems. These programs are commonly used by scientists, engineers, and researchers, but they can also be used by students and individuals interested in solving complex equations or analyzing data.

2. Do I need to have previous experience with programming to use MatLab/Mathematica/Maple?

While having some knowledge of programming can be helpful, it is not necessary to use these software programs. They have user-friendly interfaces and provide extensive documentation and tutorials for beginners. With some practice and patience, anyone can learn to use these programs effectively.

3. Can I use MatLab/Mathematica/Maple for any type of problem?

These programs are designed to solve a wide range of mathematical and scientific problems. However, they may be better suited for certain types of problems, such as data analysis, differential equations, or optimization. It is important to research and understand the capabilities of each program before attempting to use them for a specific problem.

4. Are there any limitations to using MatLab/Mathematica/Maple?

Like any software program, there may be limitations to using MatLab/Mathematica/Maple. These may include the complexity of the problem, the amount of data to be analyzed, and the resources available on the computer. It is important to check the system requirements and make sure your computer can handle the problem before attempting to use these programs.

5. Can I use MatLab/Mathematica/Maple for free?

While there are free versions of these programs available, they may have limited features or may only be available for a trial period. To access the full capabilities of these programs, a license or subscription may be required. It is important to research and understand the pricing and licensing options before using these programs for long-term projects.