Did the Volkswagen Polo live up to its reputation as a tough car in this video?

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary: It's great to see that you're living the dream!In summary, a young kid dreams about a Corvette while Volkswagen Polos are praised for their toughness in a few videos. The conversation then shifts to a discussion about annoying threads and the poster's love for vettes and superbikes. The conversation ends with compliments for the poster's new Z06 vette and a mention of their dream car, a 63 coupe with split rear windows.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
Young kid dreams about a Corvette:

vtdrm.wmv

Volkswagen Polos are tough:

http://jeffareid.net/misc/vwbmbr.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Reid said:
You sure that's the right thread? Most of them were banned.
Yes:biggrin:

The threads are getting kind of annoying.

JasonRox said:
The threads are getting kind of annoying.
Which threads the ones I keep posting about?

I don't know.

The photoshop ones and stuff like that. It's like they post a thread for every picture or something.

Note: I'm not talking about the Photo Contest. I'd to join that but I have no camera to work with. That's why I'm slow at getting pictures. I want my scooter picture up soon.

The threads are kind of annoying. The photoshop ones and stuff like that. It's like they post a thread for every picture or something.

Note: I'm not talking about the Photo Contest.

Ahhaahha! :rofl:

I'm a bit partial to vettes, because of my new toy (yeah I know, typical 50+ something male with a vette, but note I've been driving superbikes since the 1980's, current bike is a Suzuki Hayabusa, which makes the vette look slow. I'm a bit of an acceleration freak (typical male thing?). Few people know the difference between a regular vette and the z06 (505+hp versus 400hp, lighter car, better handling, ...). Even my wife likes the car though, although she's still reluctant to go full throttle on it. The vette's city milage isn't good, but it's over 26 on the freeway (very aerodynamic), and I commute a lot with the bike, which is over 35mpg.

z06.htm

Tiff of 5th gear takes a cruise in the Z06

z065g.wmv

Busa in action (0 to 100mph runs):

busa.wmv

Busa (not me driving) doing 185mph run:

busa185.wmv

Last edited:
That is a beautiful car Jeff, I have heard that the new Z06 is an amazing car and that video you posted of it was great!The vette has always been my dream car, I would love to have a 63 coupe with the split rear windows.

1. Why do some cool ads not last for a long time?

There are several reasons why cool ads may not last for a long time. One reason could be that the product or service being advertised is no longer relevant or in demand. Another reason could be that the ad did not effectively reach its target audience, resulting in low sales and eventual discontinuation. Additionally, changes in the market or company strategies may also lead to the removal of an ad.

2. What impact do cool ads that didn't last have on the advertising industry?

Cool ads that didn't last can have both positive and negative impacts on the advertising industry. On one hand, these ads may inspire other advertisers to think creatively and push the boundaries, leading to innovative and effective campaigns. However, on the other hand, these ads may also be seen as a waste of resources and may discourage companies from taking risks in their advertising.

3. Can cool ads that didn't last be considered successful?

Success in advertising can be measured in different ways, and it ultimately depends on the goals and objectives of the ad campaign. Some cool ads that didn't last may have successfully captured the attention and interest of the audience, but failed to convert into sales. Others may have generated buzz and brand recognition, but were short-lived. Therefore, the success of these ads is subjective and can vary.

4. How can companies prevent their cool ads from not lasting?

To prevent their cool ads from not lasting, companies can conduct thorough market research and audience analysis to ensure that the ad will resonate with their target demographic. They can also continuously monitor the performance of the ad and make necessary adjustments if it is not meeting their goals. Additionally, companies can also consider creating ads with a timeless concept or message that will remain relevant even after a long time.

5. Are there any examples of cool ads that didn't last but are still remembered today?

Yes, there are many examples of cool ads that didn't last but are still remembered today. For example, the Apple "1984" commercial for the Macintosh computer only aired once during the Super Bowl in 1984, but it is still considered one of the most iconic and influential ads in history. Another example is the "Got Milk?" campaign, which only ran for three years but is still recognized and referenced in pop culture today.