Good Books/Websites for Conceptual Physics

In summary, there are several popular books for learning conceptual physics, such as "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman, and "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli. There are also many websites that offer free resources for learning conceptual physics, such as Khan Academy, The Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. A good book or website for conceptual physics should present the material clearly and include plenty of examples and practice problems. There are also interactive resources available, such as simulations and virtual labs, which can be helpful for understanding complex concepts. While a strong math background can be beneficial, it is not necessary to understand conceptual physics
kuahji
Are there any good books or website for conceptual physics? I don't seem to have any problem cranking out problems & for the most part I understand fundamental calculus based physics, but then a few conceptual questions will throw me off here & there... so yeah, are there any good supplements to the textbooks? Again, its just fundamental calculus based physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Paul Hewitt wrote a textbook with that very title. I'd also suggest The Flying Circus of Physics (with answers) by Walker.

I guess you also might find Halliday Resnick Walker useful for theory. Use Irodov for conceptual problems.

Feynman's Lectures on Physics are conceptual. XD

1. What are some good books for learning conceptual physics?

There are several popular books for learning conceptual physics, including "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman, and "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli.

2. Are there any websites that offer free resources for conceptual physics?

Yes, there are many websites that offer free resources for learning conceptual physics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, The Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics.

3. What makes a good book or website for conceptual physics?

A good book or website for conceptual physics should present the material in a clear and easy-to-understand manner, with plenty of examples and practice problems. It should also cover all the key concepts and be up-to-date with current scientific theories.

4. Are there any interactive resources for learning conceptual physics?

Yes, there are several interactive resources available for learning conceptual physics. Some examples include simulations, virtual labs, and online quizzes and games. These can be found on various websites and can be a helpful tool for understanding complex concepts.

5. Is it necessary to have a strong math background to understand conceptual physics?

While having a strong math background can certainly be helpful, it is not necessary to understand conceptual physics. Many books and websites use basic algebra and trigonometry, and focus more on the concepts and principles rather than complex mathematical equations.