Can the BPX81 PhotoTransistor Circuit be Modified to Output 3.3V on IC1.1?

• Thread starter anita1984
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, Anita is asking if it's possible to get 3.3 volts on IC1.1 in a circuit she has attached. The response is that it is possible, but requires 1mW/cm^2 illumination at 850nm or more at other wavelengths. The issue may be not getting enough voltage, but increasing R3 to several tens of K-ohm should help. It is recommended to not increase R2 and to add a catch diode to prevent large input voltage. The value of R3 depends on the circuit's required operation speed.
anita1984
Hello forum i would like to ask about this circuit ( in attachment ) if it's possible to make it.I need to have on IC1.1 a 3.3V , or you have another good idea.
Thank you in advance,
Anita

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 480
Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes it's possible to get close to 3.3 volts at the input of IC1.1, but only just. You'll need to get the bpx81 almost to saturation which means you'll need at least 1mW/cm^2 illumination at 850nm and more if the wavelength is other than this optimum value.

You haven't exactly said but I assume that the problem you are having is that you're not getting enough voltage right. Well since the dark current is less than 1uA for T<50C you could probably increase the value of R3 up to several tens of K-ohm without any problems. Don't increase R2, leave it at 500 or less, but perhaps place a catch diode from IC1 pin 1 to the 3.3 volt supply to prevent getting too larger input voltage.

BTW. Exactly how high you should go with R3 largely depends on how fast the circuit needs to operate, a larger resistance will give a slower switch-off transient which may or may not be a problem.

Thank you a lot , till now i didn't try it , just i took your opinion about this , i will try it and i will let you know
Thank you,
Anita

1. What is a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit?

A BPX81 photoTransistor circuit is a type of electronic circuit that utilizes a photoTransistor as its main component. The BPX81 photoTransistor is a specialized type of transistor that reacts to changes in light intensity, making it useful for various applications such as light sensing and optical communication.

2. How does a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit work?

The BPX81 photoTransistor circuit works by using the photoTransistor to detect changes in light intensity. When light shines on the photoTransistor, it causes a change in the amount of current flowing through it. This change in current is then amplified and used to control other components in the circuit.

3. What are some common uses for a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit?

BPX81 photoTransistor circuits are commonly used in applications that require light sensing, such as automatic lighting systems, burglar alarms, and light meters. They are also used in optical communication systems, such as fiber optic networks.

4. What are the advantages of using a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit?

Some advantages of using a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit include its sensitivity to changes in light intensity, its small size, and its low cost. It also has a fast response time, making it suitable for use in high-speed applications.

5. How do I build a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit?

Building a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit requires knowledge of electronic components and circuit design. It is important to carefully select and connect the components in the circuit, and follow proper safety precautions. It is recommended to consult a professional or reference materials for guidance on building a BPX81 photoTransistor circuit.