Exploring Post-Graduation Options in Physics: Guidance and Opportunities

• Thread starter paradoxic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Guidance
In summary, you want to study physics at the IITs, but you're not sure if you're eligible for the Joint Admission process. You also mention that you're interested in working in the US or Europe, but you're unsure about the opportunities.
paradoxic
Hi !

I have done my Btech in ECE.I want study physics and do research in it.Im interested to join Msc physics at the IIT's.Im not sure abt my eligibility for JAM.

Can some one help me with the courses and colleges ,in which i can join.
how r the opportunities in US and Europe?

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably not. Do some research on your own and come back and ask specific questions. What you're asking now is basically for someone to do all the work and research for you, which isn't going to fly.

Good luck

What you're asking now is basically for someone to do all the work and research for you, which isn't going to fly.

I don't even believe in a free lunch... I was looking for some awareness ,i hope the thread n forum r relavent.

im not asking some one to pay my fee and study for my grades.

newayz thanks for ur concern. :cool:

paradoxic said:
im not asking some one to pay my fee and study for my grades.

You're just being very vague, so it's hard to give you good feedback. Nobody wants to bother giving you a laundry list of US/European schools, but if you give some more details (academics, research interests), someone may be able to give you better advice.

how r the opportunities in US and Europe?
Student visas are getting somewhat tricky in the US, but assuming you can sort it out it's doable. There's tons of great work, but you're unlikely to find funding on the masters level.

story645 said:
Student visas are getting somewhat tricky in the US

What exactly did you mean by that and is it the same in Canada, as well?

Ryker said:
What exactly did you mean by that?
Stricter immigration requirements and all that jazz 'cause of crazy terror war and other politics. It could be a total non-issue, but you'll have to apply and find out. Don't know Canada at all.

but if you give some more details (academics, research interests), someone may be able to give you better advice.

Thanks for the reply.
I've done my undergraduation in Electronics and communications in India.
My research interests are - mechanics,Electricity and Magnetism, and Modern Physics.

1. What are the requirements for graduation?

The requirements for graduation vary depending on the institution and the specific degree program. Generally, students must complete a certain number of credits, fulfill specific course requirements, and maintain a certain GPA. It is important to consult with your academic advisor to ensure you are on track for graduation.

2. How do I know when I am eligible to graduate?

You can typically check your eligibility for graduation through your school's online student portal or by meeting with your academic advisor. They will be able to review your transcripts and confirm if you have fulfilled all the necessary requirements for graduation.

3. Can I graduate early?

It is possible to graduate early, but this ultimately depends on your academic progress and if you have completed all the necessary requirements for your degree. It is important to discuss this with your academic advisor to determine if graduating early is a feasible option for you.

4. What should I do if I am not on track to graduate?

If you are not on track to graduate, it is important to talk to your academic advisor as soon as possible. They can help you create a plan to fulfill any missing requirements and get back on track for graduation.

5. What happens if I do not meet the requirements for graduation?

If you do not meet the requirements for graduation, you may need to take additional courses or complete other requirements in order to graduate. It is important to discuss this with your academic advisor to develop a plan to fulfill any missing requirements and graduate in a timely manner.