Accelerometer Data Log: Record 8 Variable Voltages

In summary, the person is seeking help with an invention and has 8 variable voltages that need to be recorded for 30-60 seconds. They are also looking for a small solution, possibly half the size of a phone. One suggestion is to use an iPhone app for data acquisition.
zggtf211
Hello. I am quite new here and need a little bit of help with an invention I am working on. I'll try to just ask for help on different parts as to not have you guys actually invent it, unless someone is interested in an investment relationship. anywhoo...

First off, I have 8 variable voltages that change frequently that I need to record for between 30 and 60 seconds. How would I do something like this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh and it has to be small...half the size of a phone...

zggtf211 said:
Hello. I am quite new here and need a little bit of help with an invention I am working on. I'll try to just ask for help on different parts as to not have you guys actually invent it, unless someone is interested in an investment relationship. anywhoo...

First off, I have 8 variable voltages that change frequently that I need to record for between 30 and 60 seconds. How would I do something like this?

There's an iPhone app for that:

http://www.google.com/search?source...T4GGLL_enUS301US302&q=iphone+data+acquisition

Welcome to the PF, BTW.

1. What is an accelerometer?

An accelerometer is a sensor that measures acceleration, which is the rate of change in velocity over time. It typically measures acceleration in three axes: x, y, and z.

2. What is an accelerometer data log?

An accelerometer data log is a record of the acceleration readings from an accelerometer over a period of time. This allows for analysis and tracking of movement or changes in motion.

3. How many variable voltages can be recorded with this accelerometer data log?

This specific data log can record 8 variable voltages, which allows for a more detailed and accurate measurement of acceleration in multiple directions.

4. How is the accelerometer data log used in scientific research?

Accelerometer data logs are commonly used in scientific research to measure and analyze the movement and acceleration of objects or organisms. This can provide valuable insights into various fields such as biomechanics, sports science, and robotics.

5. Can the data from an accelerometer data log be visualized?

Yes, the data from an accelerometer data log can be visualized through various methods such as graphs, charts, or animations. This can help to better understand and interpret the recorded acceleration data.