Goodbye Classic Skin - PF Prime Now Available

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the Classic skin went into retirement late last year. The time has come to put Classic to rest. Later tonight PF Prime will replace Classic as the alternative skin. I really like PF Prime, good job on it! Thanks again. :)
PIT2 said:
I also don't like the bland grey color. Its not only that its a little bit too bright to comfortably look at for long periods, but it makes the whole forum look boring.
You don't like it because it's too bright, others don't like it because it's not bright enough. Are you all looking at the same forum? Incidentally, white is brighter than gray. :biggrin:

And Prime does have blue, it's just light blue instead of dark blue. :tongue: I think some folks need to adjust their monitor color settings. :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
The_Professional said:
for me, it's the grey color. it's just bland (imho) which is why i prefer the plain blue-white color of the classic skin. but you know do what you have to do. no biggie
It's too bland, so you'd prefer something plain? :bugeye:

(Okay, maybe I shouldn't have had coffee at 11 PM, but that struck me as pretty funny in my current caffeine-induced insomnia.)

PIT2 said:
I also don't like the bland grey color. Its not only that its a little bit too bright to comfortably look at for long periods, but it makes the whole forum look boring.
The "Prime" skin is blue on my monitor.

Also, Prime has the members list, which I like. It's missing in the Nexus version. :frown:

Evo said:
The "Prime" skin is blue on my monitor.
Yes, it's blue on mine too, though my laptop color settings aren't as good, so it looks grayer on that.

Also, Prime has the members list, which I like. It's missing in the Nexus version. :frown:
Oh, sure, make me switch back to Prime to see what you're talking about. :rolleyes: :biggrin: I guess it isn't anything I've missed.

Edit: Oh, okay, that. Maybe Greg can stick that into the menu options in Nexus so we can get to it without needing to add another button to the toolbar?

Last edited:
I get used to Nexus' colors, so I'm not going to switch to Prime right now!:smile:
Moonbear said:
Yes, it's blue on mine too, though my laptop color settings aren't as good, so it looks grayer on that.

Oh, sure, make me switch back to Prime to see what you're talking about. :rolleyes: :biggrin: I guess it isn't anything I've missed.

Edit: Oh, okay, that. Maybe Greg can stick that into the menu options in Nexus so we can get to it without needing to add another button to the toolbar?
If I was a mentor, I just picked up some names from the member list and start issuing warnings whenver I was bored!o:)

tha't's why you're not a mentor ;)

This is the color i get as most 'blue' on prime(its the bgcolor in quoted texts):

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7731/notblue0zt.jpg

I don't think it qualifies as blue, but as grey :)
Is there any way to check?

I know when the RGB values are all equal then its true grey, and here its:
216 - 223 - 228

Last edited by a moderator:
PIT2 said:
This is the color i get as most 'blue' on prime(its the bgcolor in quoted texts):

216 - 223 - 228

It is a blue

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
It is a blue
And a lovely blue it is too. :biggrin:

PIT2 said:

216 - 223 - 228
If you take a look at your own attachement, you'll notice it IS a hue of blue :rolleyes:

It looks grey to me. So does PF Prime when I look at it (It looks very blue on my regular computer)

Monique said:
If you take a look at your own attachement, you'll notice it IS a hue of blue :rolleyes:

The RGB value is 216 - 223 - 228.

This means it is extremely close to being completely grey (228-228-228 being grey)
Just to put things in perspective:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3306/primebluyegrey8yg.jpg

In other words, it might as well have been a hue of red or green, it would still look mostly grey.
And this is what i think makes the site look bland.

Nope, it's got more blue than red and green, so it's blue. You can tell by the columns it's appearing in in your attached image. :biggrin:

Edit: Here is a comparison of various combinations of those "number values" and the associated colors, all placed on a 228-228-228 gray background for clarity. :biggrin:

Attachments

• colorcomparison.jpg
    colorcomparison.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 391
Last edited: