Links section not working — and some nexus-prime discrepancies

• Thread starter moe darklight
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the differences between the Nexus and Prime skins on the forum. The links section on the Nexus skin is no longer available on Prime, which may be due to the Nexus skin being dropped in the next year. The participants also mention other features they prefer on the Nexus skin, such as the distinctive header and the time of the last post being displayed. However, they ultimately suggest switching to Prime as it is better supported.
moe darklight
the link to the links section seems to be broken :biggrin: .

also, some of the buttons that are available on the nexus skin aren't available on the prime skin (links, quiz don't show on prime, while the little plus button that prime has to see the entire first post doesn't show on the nexus skin)

Physics news on Phys.org
Nexus hasn't been supported for ages as Greg likes to remind us. I don't know what's up with the links section but I presume its been abandoned since its no longer available in prime.

The Nexus skin will likely be dropped within the next year. Please switch to prime :)

ok, not that I used it often... I've only gone nexus twice; it's too distracting for my A.D.D. everything moves and is shiny!

why did the links section get dropped though? it didn't seem to have too much activity, but maybe if people were more aware of it it could be a great source of information. the internet is so over-saturated that it's hard to find all the good stuff; the links section with the rating system and all was a great idea methinks.

In Prime, the links section was removed in order to put a link up for the forum rules.

Greg Bernhardt said:
The Nexus skin will likely be dropped within the next year.

Really? IMHO before that, Prime should include the time of the last post in addition to just "today" so we know which forum to check out. I also prefer Nexus' distinctive header to the bland one in Prime without any logo, but this is only a matter of personal taste, not skin functionality...

1. What is the "Links section not working" issue about?

The "Links section not working" issue refers to a problem where the hyperlinks on a webpage are not functioning properly. This can include links that do not lead to the intended destination, links that are not clickable, or links that result in an error message.

2. What could be causing the links section to not work?

The links section may not be working due to a variety of reasons, such as coding errors, broken links, or server issues. It could also be caused by browser compatibility issues or ad blockers.

3. How can I fix the links section not working issue?

The first step to fixing this issue is to identify the underlying cause. This can be done by checking the coding of the webpage, testing the links individually, and ensuring that there are no server or browser issues. Once the cause is identified, appropriate steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

4. What are nexus-prime discrepancies?

Nexus-prime discrepancies refer to inconsistencies or differences between the data or results obtained from different experiments or studies. These discrepancies can arise due to a variety of factors, such as different methodologies, sample sizes, or environmental conditions.

5. How can we address nexus-prime discrepancies?

To address nexus-prime discrepancies, it is important to carefully analyze the data and methodology used in each study. Researchers can also conduct replications or meta-analyses to further examine the discrepancies and potentially identify the underlying causes. Collaboration and communication between researchers can also help to address and resolve discrepancies.