Wrapping multiple figures with text in latex

In summary, it is possible to wrap multiple figures with text in LaTeX using the package wrapfig. However, this package may only work properly for one figure, as adding a second figure may cause it to become a float and be placed on the last page. Further experimentation and troubleshooting may be necessary to achieve the desired result.
Sourabh N
How to wrap more than one figures with text in latex?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you mean wrapping multiple figures underneath a square root symbol, for example?

Use {} brackets.

Code:
\sqrt{90 + 10}
x^{\frac{10}{5}}

(I'm not sure about the last one but yeahh ... Have a play around and report back if it works or not =] ... I'm not aware of latex working in the PF forums?)

Regards,
Kwah =]

The second one works but by figures I meant pictures (or images). I tried a package wrapfig which is made for this work only, but it works properly for one figure only; as soon as I put the second picture, the second picture becomes a float and runs away to last page.

1. How do I wrap multiple figures with text in LaTeX?

To wrap multiple figures with text in LaTeX, you can use the "wrapfig" package. First, include the package in your LaTeX document using the \usepackage{wrapfig} command. Then, use the \begin{wrapfigure}{placement}[width]{overhang} command to insert your figures. You can adjust the placement, width, and overhang parameters to customize the wrapping of your figures with text.

2. Can I wrap figures with text in a specific shape?

Yes, you can wrap figures with text in a specific shape using the "shapepar" package. This package allows you to define a custom shape for your text and wrap figures around it. You can use the \shapepar command to specify the shape and size of your text, and then insert your figures using the \includegraphics command.

3. How do I control the spacing between the figures and the text?

The spacing between figures and text in the wrapfig package can be controlled using the \intextsep and \columnsep commands. \intextsep adjusts the vertical spacing between the figure and the text, while \columnsep adjusts the horizontal spacing between multiple figures. You can experiment with different values to achieve the desired spacing.

4. Can I wrap tables or other objects with text in LaTeX?

Yes, you can wrap tables or other objects with text in LaTeX using the same methods as wrapping figures. You can use the wrapfig package for simple wrapping or the shapepar package for custom shapes. Additionally, the "floatflt" package allows you to wrap floating objects like tables and figures with text.

5. How do I ensure that my wrapped figures do not interfere with the layout of my document?

To avoid any interference with the layout of your document, it is important to use the correct placement and size parameters when wrapping figures with text. You can also use the \setlength command to adjust the spacing between the figures and the text, as well as the overall layout of your document. It may also be helpful to compile your document multiple times to make sure the figures are correctly placed.