New Smilies Ideas: Suggest to Moderators

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary, the moderators would like new smilies added to the nice ones already present. The new smilies would be the sarcastic, devil, and crying ones.
Ack! :tongue: is green now! The pink one was absolutely darling. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
Chroot ... I luv u man ...

...but...

...can we have sum of the ones replaced back pleeeeease? ... the shaded ones you replaced with flat-colors ... I know it mite be stretcing your patience ... but I only do it cos you're soooo patient :wink:

Thanks for all this !

Ah, it's the little things in life...
I think these would be enormously helpful :biggrin:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign23.gif [Broken]
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign19.gif [Broken]

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurkyl said:
Ack! :tongue: is green now! The pink one was absolutely darling. :cry:
Hurkyl, if you click on "more" at the bottom left of the smilie box, you'll see the pink one. We've got them all! :tongue: :tongue2:

No, :tongue: is the one that used to be pink.

At a site where deeeeeeeeeeep science and philosophical issues are discussed it may seem strange to say this but . . . I LOVE THE SMILEYS! They really seem to add a much-needed visual dimension to the overwhelmingly ideational dimension that (rightfully so) prevails here. It is a great way to lighten a heavy debate, to tell someone not to take one's vicious personal attack personally :rofl:, etc.

I only have two suggestions. One is, The more we can have, the better, so if you can find more please make them available. The other is a question: do we need the little pop-up explanations of what the smileys represent? I have wanted to use one at times, just based on the "look" of it, in a different way than it's defined, but have felt restrained because it's called "redface" or "cool" (HEY! what happened to cool? The guy behind the glasses was a good symbol for mysteriousness or aloofness or "hmmmmmmmmmm" . . .). Anyway, why not leave it to posters to decide what the smileys will stand for in their posts?

Hurkyl said:
No, :tongue: is the one that used to be pink.
Weird, Hurkyl, I still saw that as pink and you saw it as green and now I see it as green.

chroot, please change :tongue: back to the pink one, now it looks like a ninja turtle. :frown:

I don't know if I have the pink one anymore.

And no, the more does not equal the better. You need just enough.

- Warren

Evo said:
Weird, Hurkyl, I still saw that as pink and you saw it as green and now I see it as green.

chroot, please change :tongue: back to the pink one, now it looks like a ninja turtle. :frown:
OK. This has become VERY WEIRD! On my computer at home, the first green one above WAS PINK! Now, on my computer at work, it's GREEN! Also, the ones that Hurkyl keeps calling green are still pink on my home computer. WHAT'S GOING ON?!? I like :tongue2: from the last forum, but Evo is right. This new :tongue: looks like a ninja turtle.

Tsunami,

Your browser is caching the images. Hit reload.

- Warren

chroot said:
And no, the more does not equal the better. You need just enough.

- Warren

Yes, it might be really, really dangerous to have too many. We might get confused and not know what to do! :uhh:

Tsunami said:
Here's a pantload of them. Several of the ones we have now are from this site but I also saw a few of our old ones there, too. Many to choose from for each emotion.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/

Originally posted by planetsmilies.com

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/1/fighting72.gif [Broken]

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy09.gif [Broken]

edit: OK, don't know why the img tags didn't work. Click on the link--the smiley is very funny.

Tom Mattson said:
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy09.gif [Broken]

edit: OK, don't know why the img tags didn't work. Click on the link--the smiley is very funny.
That's a good one. I liked it, too. They have lots of good ones.

I like these two a lot, too (they're sort of goofy looking):
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy45.gif [Broken]
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy12.gif [Broken]

<h2>1. What are smilies and why are they important on online platforms?</h2><p>Smilies are small digital images or icons used to express emotions, such as happiness, sadness, or surprise, in online communication. They are important because they add a visual element to text-based communication, helping to convey tone and emotion that may otherwise be difficult to express through words alone.</p><h2>2. How can I suggest new smilie ideas to moderators?</h2><p>You can suggest new smilie ideas to moderators by contacting them directly through the platform's messaging system or by submitting a request through the platform's community forum or feedback form. Make sure to provide a clear description or image of the proposed smilie and explain why you think it would be a valuable addition to the existing options.</p><h2>3. Are there any guidelines or restrictions for suggesting new smilie ideas?</h2><p>Each platform may have its own guidelines and restrictions for new smilie ideas, so it is best to check with the moderators or community guidelines before making a suggestion. Generally, smilies should be appropriate for all ages and cultures, and should not contain offensive or discriminatory content.</p><h2>4. How are new smilie ideas chosen and implemented by moderators?</h2><p>Moderators typically review all suggestions for new smilie ideas and consider factors such as relevance, creativity, and community demand. If a smilie idea is approved, the moderators may work with a designer to create the image and then add it to the platform's library of smilies. The process may vary depending on the platform and its resources.</p><h2>5. Can I suggest new smilie ideas even if I am not a moderator or administrator?</h2><p>Yes, most platforms welcome suggestions for new smilie ideas from all users. However, keep in mind that the final decision to add a new smilie rests with the moderators or administrators. If your suggestion is not implemented, do not take it personally and continue to contribute positively to the community.</p>

1. What are smilies and why are they important on online platforms?

Smilies are small digital images or icons used to express emotions, such as happiness, sadness, or surprise, in online communication. They are important because they add a visual element to text-based communication, helping to convey tone and emotion that may otherwise be difficult to express through words alone.

2. How can I suggest new smilie ideas to moderators?

You can suggest new smilie ideas to moderators by contacting them directly through the platform's messaging system or by submitting a request through the platform's community forum or feedback form. Make sure to provide a clear description or image of the proposed smilie and explain why you think it would be a valuable addition to the existing options.

3. Are there any guidelines or restrictions for suggesting new smilie ideas?

Each platform may have its own guidelines and restrictions for new smilie ideas, so it is best to check with the moderators or community guidelines before making a suggestion. Generally, smilies should be appropriate for all ages and cultures, and should not contain offensive or discriminatory content.

4. How are new smilie ideas chosen and implemented by moderators?

Moderators typically review all suggestions for new smilie ideas and consider factors such as relevance, creativity, and community demand. If a smilie idea is approved, the moderators may work with a designer to create the image and then add it to the platform's library of smilies. The process may vary depending on the platform and its resources.

5. Can I suggest new smilie ideas even if I am not a moderator or administrator?

Yes, most platforms welcome suggestions for new smilie ideas from all users. However, keep in mind that the final decision to add a new smilie rests with the moderators or administrators. If your suggestion is not implemented, do not take it personally and continue to contribute positively to the community.