Where to study engineering in Europe in English?

In summary, the speaker is a high school student who plans to attend university in Europe to study engineering. They are considering options in Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland due to their high-quality programs and reasonable tuition fees. They have already signed up for an English proficiency test and are open to studying in English. They are seeking recommendations for specific universities in these countries.
kbaumen
Hi. I'm going to finish high school this year and go to university in autumn. However, as everyone knows, application deadlines are coming up very soon. The branch I'd like to study is definitely engineering, mechatronics if possible. I would like to study in Europe, in English and with a reasonable tuition fee (so I'm not interested in UK, except Scotland). Also, the study language is an important matter (the only one, but Latvian, is English for me. I have already signed up for IELTS and have it at the beginning of March). As I've heard, The Netherlands is a good choice (from other people's experience) though I may be a victim of a commercial, because their ambassador in Latvia, visited our school promoting studies in The Netherlands.

So, can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are looking to study engineering in Europe, some great options are Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland. Germany is a great option because the tuition fees are often subsidized, depending on the university you attend. The Netherlands also has many great universities that offer high-quality engineering programs. In Sweden and Finland, universities typically offer free tuition for international students. All of these countries have excellent universities with strong engineering programs, so it really comes down to where you think you'd be happiest studying. Additionally, all of these countries have English language courses available, so you should be able to take advantage of those. Good luck with your studies!

I would recommend researching universities in Europe that offer engineering programs in English. Some universities may have specific programs in mechatronics, so be sure to look for those as well. The Netherlands is a great option as it is known for its strong engineering programs and many universities offer courses in English. It would also be beneficial to attend university fairs or speak with representatives from different universities to get a better understanding of their programs and tuition fees. Additionally, you can reach out to current students or alumni to get their personal experiences and recommendations. Remember to also consider the location and culture of the country you choose, as it will play a role in your overall university experience. Good luck in your search for the perfect engineering program in Europe!

1. What are the top universities in Europe to study engineering in English?

Some of the top universities in Europe to study engineering in English include ETH Zurich (Switzerland), Technical University of Munich (Germany), University of Cambridge (UK), Delft University of Technology (Netherlands), and Imperial College London (UK).

2. Are there any scholarships available for international students to study engineering in Europe?

Yes, there are various scholarships available for international students to study engineering in Europe such as Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, Fulbright Scholarships, and DAAD Scholarships. It is best to check with the specific university or country for more information.

3. Do I need to know the local language to study engineering in Europe in English?

No, most universities in Europe offer engineering programs in English for international students. However, it is always beneficial to have some knowledge of the local language as it can help with daily life and cultural immersion.

4. How long does it take to complete an engineering degree in Europe?

The duration of an engineering degree in Europe can vary depending on the country and university. Generally, undergraduate programs take 3-4 years, while graduate programs can take 1-2 years. Some countries also offer integrated programs that combine both undergraduate and graduate studies within 5-6 years.

5. Can I work while studying engineering in Europe?

Yes, many European countries allow international students to work part-time while studying. Some universities also offer internship opportunities, which can provide valuable work experience. However, it is important to check the specific visa and work regulations in the country of study before starting any job.