Get Accurate Results with PhotoShop | Help w/ Pinch & Stretch

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photoshop
In summary, the person is struggling to achieve a specific distortion effect on a box and has tried various tools without success. Someone suggests using the Warp tool, but the person doesn't have it due to using an older version of the software. However, they are considering using MathMap to achieve the desired effect.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I've spent hours on this and can't get it right.

I want to pinch and stretch a box like in the image using some combination of distortions.

I've tried Spherize, Liquify and Pinch but no combination of them will produce it accurately (I need clean lines).

Help!

Attachments

• PF20090205_pincushion.gif
    PF20090205_pincushion.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 439
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried
Edit, Transform, Warp yet?

larkspur said:
Have you tried
Edit, Transform, Warp yet?

I don't have warp. Probably because I'm running v6.0.

But thanks. That may well be the answer, and I know people at ex-work who do have up-to-date versions.

Also, if you have specific curves in mind for the warp, you can have MathMap do the pixel motion for you. you can even see the effects of coordinate changes like this.

slider142 said:
Also, if you have specific curves in mind for the warp, you can have MathMap do the pixel motion for you. you can even see the effects of coordinate changes like this.
It doesn't have to be specific, no, it just has to be neat. i.e. not freehand lines.

1. How can I achieve accurate results when using PhotoShop's pinch and stretch tool?

To achieve accurate results with the pinch and stretch tool in PhotoShop, it is important to use the appropriate brush size and strength. Additionally, make sure to zoom in on the specific area you want to edit and use short, precise strokes to avoid overstretching or pinching the image too much.

2. Why is my image becoming distorted when using the pinch and stretch tool?

If your image is becoming distorted when using the pinch and stretch tool, it is likely that you are using too strong of a brush strength or making large, sweeping motions. Try adjusting the brush strength and using smaller, more controlled strokes to avoid distortion.

3. Can I use the pinch and stretch tool on multiple layers in PhotoShop?

Yes, the pinch and stretch tool can be used on multiple layers in PhotoShop. Simply select the layers you want to edit before using the tool. Keep in mind that using the tool on multiple layers may result in different levels of distortion for each layer.

4. Is there a way to undo changes made with the pinch and stretch tool?

Yes, you can easily undo changes made with the pinch and stretch tool by using the "Edit" menu or keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Z for Windows or Command+Z for Mac). This will revert your image back to its previous state before using the tool.

5. Can I use the pinch and stretch tool to resize my image?

The pinch and stretch tool is primarily used for distorting and manipulating specific areas of an image. If you want to resize your entire image, it is recommended to use the "Image Size" option in PhotoShop. This will allow you to resize your image without distorting specific areas.