PF Blogs disabled for regular users

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, to help combat spam, the blog system has been disabled for the next few days. This only affects normal users trying to post a new entry. Abnormal users can still post. However, this does not include irregular users. The situation is being monitored and updates will follow.
Ok this thing needs to be permanent. The spam in blogs resumed again :yuck:

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=2153 [Broken]
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=2154 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
cronxeh said:
Ok this thing needs to be permanent. The spam in blogs resumed again :yuck:

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=2153 [Broken]
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=2154 [Broken]
We've been deleting them as fast as they appear. Please continue reporting them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrr I should be able to block again tonight and start thinking of new solutions

Greg Bernhardt said:
Grrr I should be able to block again tonight and start thinking of new solutions

Pay for gold account, get blog. Someone can have my blog, I don't use it.

You can't just open up blogs to people who have at least a certain number of posts? Yeah it'll keep people from joining and starting up a blog right away but if they're going to be around long enough for a blog to make sense writing then they should build up a halfway decent post count anyway (doesn't need to be a huge number)

Office_Shredder said:
You can't just open up blogs to people who have at least a certain number of posts? Yeah it'll keep people from joining and starting up a blog right away but if they're going to be around long enough for a blog to make sensedecent post count anyway (doesn't need to be a huge number)

indeed but I'm on Zambia and won't be able to do it for a couple weeks

blogs for normal users has been deactivated again. i'll be able to implement a permanent solution to our spam problem in a couple weeks

Greg Bernhardt said:
blogs for normal users has been deactivated again. i'll be able to implement a permanent solution to our spam problem in a couple weeks

Have you been into a time machine or something?! :biggrin:

Any plans to work on this? Just looking for an update. Wanted to post on my blog today.

Thanks.

Norman said:
Any plans to work on this? Just looking for an update. Wanted to post on my blog today.

Thanks.

try now

Thanks Greg for the quick response! It is working.

<h2>What is the reason for disabling PF Blogs for regular users?</h2><p>The reason for disabling PF Blogs for regular users is to prevent potential misuse or abuse of the platform. By limiting access to only verified scientists, we can ensure the accuracy and credibility of the information being shared.</p><h2>Can regular users still view PF Blogs?</h2><p>No, regular users will not be able to view PF Blogs. Only verified scientists will have access to the platform.</p><h2>How can I become a verified scientist to access PF Blogs?</h2><p>To become a verified scientist and gain access to PF Blogs, you must apply and provide proof of your scientific credentials. This can include a valid research publication, a degree in a scientific field, or a recommendation from a reputable scientific institution.</p><h2>Will there be any exceptions for regular users to access PF Blogs?</h2><p>At this time, there are no exceptions for regular users to access PF Blogs. However, we are constantly reviewing our policies and may make changes in the future.</p><h2>Can regular users still participate in discussions on PF Blogs?</h2><p>No, regular users will not be able to participate in discussions on PF Blogs. Only verified scientists will have the ability to post and engage in discussions on the platform.</p>

What is the reason for disabling PF Blogs for regular users?

The reason for disabling PF Blogs for regular users is to prevent potential misuse or abuse of the platform. By limiting access to only verified scientists, we can ensure the accuracy and credibility of the information being shared.

Can regular users still view PF Blogs?

No, regular users will not be able to view PF Blogs. Only verified scientists will have access to the platform.

How can I become a verified scientist to access PF Blogs?

To become a verified scientist and gain access to PF Blogs, you must apply and provide proof of your scientific credentials. This can include a valid research publication, a degree in a scientific field, or a recommendation from a reputable scientific institution.

Will there be any exceptions for regular users to access PF Blogs?

At this time, there are no exceptions for regular users to access PF Blogs. However, we are constantly reviewing our policies and may make changes in the future.

Can regular users still participate in discussions on PF Blogs?

No, regular users will not be able to participate in discussions on PF Blogs. Only verified scientists will have the ability to post and engage in discussions on the platform.