How can I contribute positively to physicsforums?

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses ways to contribute positively to physicsforums, including using descriptive thread titles, baking cookies or cupcakes with positive messages, and engaging in small ways that could have a big impact.
Pythagorean
Gold Member

Physics news on Phys.org

Pythagorean said:

By using descriptive thread titles? :wink:

berkeman said:
By using descriptive thread titles? :wink:

booya! :D

But I don't want to bias my audience too much. Can't I have my cake and eat it too?

Hahaa, nice one berkeman

Pythagorean said:
I think you're doing fine.

I think Evo or Greg should bake some "You're Doing Well" cookies and hand them out.

Drakkith said:
I think Evo or Greg should bake some "You're Doing Well" cookies and hand them out.

I did, and I ate them all :D

Greg Bernhardt said:
I did, and I ate them all :D

Then you sir get none of my cake!

I vote for cupcakes. Little sesame street cupcakes with ernies and elmos on them

mla000273981.jpg

but oscar probably shouldn't look so happy. That would ruin my day.

Ernie looks like he's on something...

hmm... big bird too...

I have dibs on The Count!

I request something more substantial to the question than just cupcakes although I guess a cupcake really could change the trajectory of an asteroid. That's how the world works doesn't it? Little things, the smallest of things could have the biggest of impacts, butterfly effect and all. You could engage in the smallest of ways Geometer and have the most possitive of effects.

1. How can I contribute to physicsforums as a non-scientist?

There are many ways for non-scientists to contribute positively to physicsforums. You can engage in discussions, ask questions, and provide insight from your own perspective. You can also help by reporting any errors or inaccuracies you come across and by promoting the forum to others who may be interested in science and physics.

2. What types of content are most valuable for contributing to physicsforums?

The most valuable types of content for contributing to physicsforums are those that promote thoughtful discussions and exchange of ideas. This can include well-researched posts, questions that spark interesting conversations, and helpful explanations or solutions to problems.

3. Is it important to have a strong understanding of physics in order to contribute to physicsforums?

While a strong understanding of physics is certainly helpful, it is not necessary to contribute positively to physicsforums. As long as you are respectful, open-minded, and willing to learn, you can contribute to discussions and ask questions that can benefit others on the forum.

4. How can I ensure that my contributions are accurate and well-informed?

One way to ensure that your contributions are accurate and well-informed is to thoroughly research your topic before posting. You can also cite reputable sources and provide explanations for your reasoning. Additionally, being open to feedback and corrections from others can help improve the accuracy of your contributions.

5. Can I contribute to physicsforums even if I am not an expert in a particular field?

Yes, you can still contribute to physicsforums even if you are not an expert in a particular field. You can offer your own insights and perspectives, ask questions, and participate in discussions. Remember, everyone has something valuable to contribute and can learn from each other on the forum.