Looking for A-Level Physics Exams

In summary, the conversation is about finding a sample A-level physics exam from any year in order to compare it to exams in BC, Canada. The individual also requests for the post to be moved if it is in the incorrect forum. A link to OCR's website is provided where anyone can download past A-level physics papers, and it is mentioned that the exam board is not particularly difficult but has low grade boundaries. The individual also suggests checking SQA for higher or advanced higher exams, which are similar to A-levels.
fobbz
I'm looking for an A-level physics exam, from any year, a whole exam.

I'd like to compare the difficulty to the exams we see here in BC Canada. Please if you have sample exam share it!

Also if this is the incorrect forum please move my post, - I wasn't sure where to put it elsewhere!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/science/physics_a/documents/

OCR maintain a stock of all their A-level past papers free for anyone to download. This is the exam board I did my A-level physics with, I wouldn't say they are particularly difficult at all, although the grade boundaries are often low as lots of people seem to struggle. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
SQA should have some
highers or advanced highers are roughly the same as the A-levels
http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=Physics&level=

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What topics are covered in A-Level Physics exams?

The A-Level Physics exam covers a range of topics including mechanics, waves, electricity, magnetism, nuclear physics, thermodynamics, and astrophysics. There may be slight variations in the specific topics covered depending on the exam board.

2. How many exams do I have to take for A-Level Physics?

Most students will take two exams for A-Level Physics - one covering content from the first year of study, and one covering content from the second year. However, some exam boards may have a different structure, so it's important to check with your teacher or exam board for specific details.

3. How long do A-Level Physics exams last?

The length of A-Level Physics exams can vary, but they typically last between 2-2.5 hours each. This may include multiple choice questions, short answer questions, and longer essay-style questions.

4. What is the format of A-Level Physics exams?

A-Level Physics exams usually consist of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and longer essay-style questions. Some exams may also include practical components or data analysis tasks. The format may vary slightly between different exam boards.

5. How can I prepare for A-Level Physics exams?

To prepare for A-Level Physics exams, it's important to review all key concepts and topics covered in class. Practice past exam questions and familiarize yourself with the format and style of questions. Use study aids such as textbooks, revision guides, and online resources to supplement your learning. Additionally, make sure to get enough rest and manage your time effectively to avoid feeling overwhelmed.